Do you like other runners? (Read 363 times)

"Runners" in general are pretty cool.  "People that who Run" are mostly annoying.

How annoying are grammar Nazis?

Dave

How annoying are grammar Nazis?

Actually, though some people have a preference, who and that can be used when referring to people.

Where do know-it-alls fall?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Tar Heel Mom

kween

"Runners" in general are pretty cool.  "People that Run" are mostly annoying.

I used to be a runner. Then I got old.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Actually, though some people have a preference, who and that can be used when referring to people.

Where do know-it-alls fall?

I'm thinking somewhere between cyclists and triathletes.

Dave

MoBramExam

I'm thinking somewhere someplace between cyclists and triathletes.

We're all friends, let's try and keep this informal.

"run" "2" "eat"

yeah, it was only a matter of time before someone dropped the f-word.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

, then  

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

oldfartrunner

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Aside from family my friends are primarily runners or readers or both. It's a rare runner I've met that I don't like or don't get along with.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kkittenkat

English Villian

I think we're all getting along just fine!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Some, yes. Majority, no.

You people have issues 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Some, yes. Majority, no.

Hello little buddy, so what is it that you don’t like about the majority of other runners?  Are most of them faster than you?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Hello little buddy, so what is it that you don’t like about the majority of other runners?  Are most of them faster than you?

No, that has nothing to do with it.  Some of the ones I like are significantly faster than me while others are significantly slower.

A few of the reasons I don't like a lot of runners.

• Incessantly talk about running even while not running.  I understand talking running while running but get a freaking life.  My life doesn't revolved around running. '
                            • Douchebags who have unscrupulous behavior (local running club has guys using PEDS to "set new PRs", some of these guys are in their 50s)
                            • A lot of racers fall into 2 categories: 1) People who don't really care at all about their performance. 2) People who base their whole life on their performance.  I find myself in the middle; I train hard, I push, but if I have a bad day I don't beat myself up.  
                            • "Groupies" and evangelists that follow all of the latest crazes (barefoot, minimalist, zero drop, blah, blah, blah, blah.  

There are other reasons but you get the idea.  Some of my best friends are runners but many are not.

You people have issues 

SamStevo

I think that anybody you find that has common interests with you is drawn to you because of that common interest. Often times for us who train alone on fairly hard (this is relative based on the person) we feel like everybody thinks we're crazy and nobody is out here doing it like us. This makes finding another runner seem like finding another person on a stranded island. I think that finding someone with a love like yours really makes it easy to make friends with that someone.

Sunflower747

I enjoy running on my own but it can be isolating sometimes so it's nice to share it with other people.  I try to limit the amount I talk about running with my non running friends so it's also nice to have the shared interest and not feel annoying to talk about it.  I don't like it when runners don't support other runners though sometimes I feel like people get competitive or everyone has their own opinion on how you should train or the best way to do things etc.