Am I glad there is a Running Ahead (Read 1401 times)

No just the look that means "OMG do we have to listen to this again?"
    you get that look too! When I see DW's eye roll back in her head, I try to steer the conversation back to a more neutral topic!

Best Present Ever

you get that look too! When I see DW's eye roll back in her head, I try to steer the conversation back to a more neutral topic!
      my husband is infinitely patient with my running talk, though he is definitely not a runner. I work closely with someone 2 folks though -- one is always game for lunchtime chat about running, though he only runs occasionally. The other definitely NOT interested, so I try to contain myself and not mention running much. I'm also in my last year before tenure, so try to be careful at work not to seem to seem like I spend much energy thinking about and actually running. If only marathon times could go in the tenure packet!

jules2

Mrs Jules is just glad of the break from having a husband under her feet who's IQ is the same as his age. And yes I love Running Ahead as theres such a variety of people and topics considering all we share in common is putting one foot in front of the other faster than most people.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Hey there everyone, Its been a while since I started this thread, but I appreciate the words of wisdom from everyone......after reading this info, I've decided to get more weird and radical and increase my mileage and go for better speed and let the family wonder what the 'heck' is wrong with me........but I think I just won't talk about it at home unless they ask....... Maybe Ill run 50 miles some week soon....... Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, John! I like your log. Your positive attitude, also! I could use improving in both of those areas at the moment!