Ultra-Marathoner Admits He Just Hates His Family (Read 1222 times)

bhearn

http://usedwigs.com/ultramarathoner-hates-his-family/

“I’m motivated by that ‘Not-seeing-my-family-high’ that many runners get after logging in a few miles on the pavement. It makes all the leg cramps, eroded cartilage, third-degree sunburn, pants crapping, and the intense stabbing pain that jets up through my spine every time I begin to move my feet all worth it.”

xor

Logging a few miles on the pavement?  Oh dear.

Must have been training for badwater or comrades.

how do people find that obscure site and think it's real?  (comments are pretty funny)

xor

how do people find that obscure site and think it's real?  (comments are pretty funny)

Someone texted me the headline a few minutes before Bob posted it here.  I suspect it is making the facebook or twitter rounds.

Imminent Catastrophe

I was thinking The Onion.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It’s sooooo much better than watching dance recitals and soccer games

Kalsarikännit

It’s sooooo much better than watching dance recitals and soccer games

I really hope you have kids.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

A Saucy Wench

The comments are hilarious. 

But it is really better than dance recitals and soccer games. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The comments are hilarious. 

my favorite:

Why did you get married? you are a selfish basterd you are not an athleic you have no morals you are a pig making your body strong without a brain or feeling it means nothing they should kick you out of the sport you moran.

You are a narssictic Ass,you belong to be treated as a criminal of law you do not deserve your family.

it's even better with a picture:

this was one of my favorites

"When asked if he misses seeing his daddy, Skednick’s 10-year-old son quickly responds “Do you want to play Guitar Hero? Or go kill some ants?” before he darts into the other room to punch his sister in the back of her head."

and the fact that Jim Gaffigan compares the website to bacon - come on people.  Get on the train and enjoy some breakfast.

xor

Well, the comments are funny... but a few are so over-the-top (aka, "wait, you couldn't tell it was a joke?") that one wonders if the comments themselves are jokes.  Very dry jokes.  Like the comments you will find on certain products listed on amazon.  "This chartreuse blouse CHANGED MY LIFE."

Anyway.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

my favorite:

Why did you get married? you are a selfish basterd you are not an athleic you have no morals you are a pig making your body strong without a brain or feeling it means nothing they should kick you out of the sport you moran.

You are a narssictic Ass,you belong to be treated as a criminal of law you do not deserve your family.

it's even better with a picture:

HA...I thought of that exact photo when I read that comment.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

Like the comments you will find on certain products listed on amazon.  "This chartreuse blouse CHANGED MY LIFE."

You might be surprised; I'll bet it would change your life.

DoppleBock

Is it all a spoof?  Did it come from the Onion?

About 5% of the time I do an extra little run to escape my family - I love them, but sometimes it's good to go clear your head.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

jfa

About 5% of the time I do an extra little run to escape my family - I love them, but sometimes it's good to go clear your head.

5% of DB's running equals more than most of our 100%.