I did it!!!! 5km virtual race PR (Read 942 times)

Now that was a bath...

I was hoping to do this 5km in under 30 minutes and I was so excited to achieve 28:59! I actually collapsed on the grass in the park where I finished and lay there laughing staring at my watch! I went out way too fast for me and got to the halfway point in under 13 minutes. I had to walk the first two minutes back and had another very short walk break at 4km. The wind was really full on and I sounded asthmatic thanks to my cold but on the home stretch the wind was behind me and I gave it all I had. Still can't believe I did it. My pace going out was 8:15 and on the return leg with the walk breaks it was 10:26 (an overall pace of 9:20). Woohoo for me, lol. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

One word: WOW!!! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

Thanks Janell. I know it's not a winning time but it certainly feels great to achieve what I hoped to do. I look at the times other people manage and I am blown away by how they run so fast. I have been running regularly for four weeks now. It will be interesting to see how much i can improve in the future, but for now I am happy to achieve my mini-milestones!!! Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dayum, girl! You're still about a half minute faster than my 5k PR! You rock, lady! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats on a great run!
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

My dogs are fast, not me

Wow! That's a great run!!

Robin

Finished!

Congrats on a fantastic run!
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                  Congratulations!
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

You'll ruin your knees!

I know it's not a winning time but Claire xxx
                    Sounds like a winner to me! Now, seems to me you've forgotten the blues that had you down late last month! Congrats on the PR, may there be many, many more to come! Woot, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

holy smokes! fantastic job Big grin well done!
                      Walk + Jog = wog.
                      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                      bas

Woohoo for me, lol. Claire xxx
                        Woohoo for you, seriously! Smile Good for you to keep up on the return leg, and to take the walking breaks to help you do it. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East