Only one hill! (I won the lottery) (Read 744 times)

mikeymike

I got into Mount Washington. Anyone else? I guess I should, uhh, run some hills...

Runners run

Well it is only one hill Big grin Congrats on getting in!
      2009: BQ?
      Scout7

That looks cooooool....... Congrats on getting in!

You'll ruin your knees!

Don't forget to take along your wind jacket! Congrats and good luck! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

watch out for those ONE hills lol. I did South Mountain 10 miler in September. They advertised it as one hill. Of course I didn't really read up on it or even think about the fact that Mountain was in the same sentance as race. If I had known I wouldn't of done it but now I'm looking at doing it again this year! Anyway CONGRATS!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good, average grade > 10% too! Tough one...
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sounds cute. Next time, go for Pikes Peak. Evil grin
                  Next time, go for Pikes Peak.
                  There is a race in Rockville, Maryland called Pike's Peek -- flat, downhill, fast, totally a PR course. I couldn't figure out 1. why "Peek" was spelled that way, or 2. why it was called Pike's Peek if it was flat ... then I realized (I am so smart), that it is run along Rockville PIKE ... and you are looking at the Pike... hence PIKE'S PEEK. Blush Clever, huh?
                  2009: BQ?

Why is it sideways?

Nice! We used to run the Mt. Greylock road race in college as our first race of the year--not quite as steep but almost, and uphill all the way. You should check it out for this fall.

Wasatch Speedgoat

I got into Mount Washington. Anyone else? I guess I should, uhh, run some hills...
                      Very cool....I ran this several times back in the early 80's...I kept running it until I broke 1:20, then stopped. Back then Jock Semple was the RD... Steve

Life is short, play hard!

Wasatch Speedgoat

Nice! We used to run the Mt. Greylock road race in college as our first race of the year--not quite as steep but almost, and uphill all the way. You should check it out for this fall.
                        I used to run a 50K that the WMAC put on, on Mt Greylock. up to the summit, back down the opposite side, back up to the summit and back to the finish. Tough run. It was usually run in the early Spring, so lots of snow drifts to get through.

Life is short, play hard!

Read an article about this in Marathon and Beyond (I think). Quite a race. Good luck. Hope it's not too windy. Ewa
                          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Mike! A group of Shamrocks got in as a team so you'll see some familiar faces down at the hill.
                              Congratulations and good luck! Sounds like a difficult task but well worth it. Smile

Michelle

mikeymike

Congrats Mike! A group of Shamrocks got in as a team so you'll see some familiar faces down at the hill.
                                I noticed that--I sorted by town to look for familiar names. Should be fun!

Runners run