Running during travel...? (Read 420 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

RA friends... I've just been offered a new job, and it will require some overnight travel... Question is, what do you do with you sweaty running clothes? Wash, rinse, burn? Tongue Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

(try to) wash them in the washbasin of your hotel room and then hang them over the shower door. Normally you should be able to breath normally when waking up in the morning, at least it works in my case

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

I usually just stuff them in one of the plastic bags for cleaning and put them in my suitcase.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dfffff

Dry it out and wear it the next day!
            Ditto, and --- congrats on the new job !
            2009: BQ?
              If it is only an overnight stay I would let them air dry overnight then pack in a plastic bag. I've tried washing in a basin and hanging to dry, but ended up packing damp clothes in the plastic bag Tongue

Another Passion

I usually hang em on the shower bar till dry and then put em in a dirty clothes bag... or wear them to dinner the following day if I'm going to a popular dining place. Funny how fast one can get a table and service smelling of yesterday's sweaty run. Confused

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I dry my gear out by hanging the stuff in the bathroom, or near the ac/heater if possible. Wear them again, then stuff it all into a plastic bag for the trip home.
                  Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                  foxbite2

If I only plan ONE run, then I normally pack a plastic bag and toss my sweaty clothes in the bag and repack them.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I usually just stuff them in one of the plastic bags for cleaning and put them in my suitcase.
                      Yep. Me too. Tech clothes dry fast too.

Running safely

I jump in the shower after a run with my clothes still on. I then give them a good rinse and hang them on the bar, or somewhere to dry. They are mostly dry enough for a run the next day or for packing in a plastic bag. I do the rinsing thing every day at home too. That cuts down on the horrific odor that I am able to produce. I don't care what Dr. Sheehan said, sometimes honest sweat does stink.