mental health... (Read 542 times)

I have to speak out...Today would have been my 27th 12 hour work day in a row...(sniff, sniff). BUT...at 2:30, the man called and said I didn't have to go to a 4:00 meeting so I called my boss and said I am leaving....and skated out of there like Dorothy Hamil Went home (at 75 mph....gotta love the back roads of Illinois), got my running gear on, grabbed the dog and went out. Whooo hooo.....34 degrees, sunshine (mostly) and fresh air....ahhh....peace and quiet.... a good (for me) run.... What a great mental health break...the attitude meter went into the positive zone.... Yes

dork.major dork.

Big grin I love when runs feel that liberating and can fill that place in our lives where we just need an escape.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Feeling the growl again

People don't understand why I don't view running as work....It's because to me it is pure relaxation.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Queen of 3rd Place

For me, only two things can fix a bad 'tude: a good run or a brisk motorbike ride. OK, maybe a tasty IPA is good, too... Wink Arla

Ex runner

For me, only two things can fix a bad 'tude: a good run or a brisk motorbike ride. OK, maybe a tasty IPA is good, too... Wink Arla
            Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself!! This past month has made me learn to rely on running for stress relief. Newborn son is awesome, but Running has definately kept me sane!

~Mike

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself!! This past month has made me learn to rely on running for stress relief. Newborn son is awesome, but Running has definately kept me sane!
              Right on! Running keeps me sane, too. But people think we're insane to run in the kind of weather conditions we do! I think they are insane not to exercise, considering the overwhelming evidence that it is SOOOO good for you! BTW, Are you thinking of getting a running stroller? I think that would be very fun. I've even asked parents if they wouldn't mind getting one so I could take their child out for a run / babysit. They usually look at me funny, though, I don't know what it is.... Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Yeah, we'll get one when he's a little older. I'd love to have him with me on short runs. In a couple months I'll go for it.

~Mike