Pre-Race Recovery Advice (Read 64 times)

Leopard2019

I have a meet in a couple days and I wanna be at 100% that day, any suggestions?

an amazing likeness

Get some sleep.

I've done my best to live the right way. I get up every morning and go to work each day.

Tchuck

Are you sore? Good nutrition, good sleep and if sore.....go for a walk. Does coach have you running the day before a meet? What is your event?

H-WAVE - Helping Athletes Reduce Pain and Recover Faster

Leopard2019

A bit sore. Before a meet we have a 10 minute easy jog. Most likely I’ll be running the 4x800, 1600, 800, and 3200 or 4x4.

CanadianMeg

Cirque du Sore Legs 2019

Get some sleep.

For me, the key night for sleep is not the night before. It's the one before that. If I race Sunday, I need Friday night to be a good sleep bc Saturday night I might have more race nerves.

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Half Fanatic #9292. 20 Half Marathons and Counting... :)

Leopard2019

Okay everyone’s telling me to get a good amount of sleep. Is there a certain amount because honestly, I’ve felt sluggish getting too much sleep.

Tchuck

7-8 hours of sleep ideally. Is your meet today? If tomorrow, go for a 2-3 mile "jog" today with a fee striders. Nothing strenous. That is a lot if events to compete in.

H-WAVE - Helping Athletes Reduce Pain and Recover Faster