Can you train for a half running 3 times a week? (Read 935 times)

Oh, another question: During training long runs to you ever walk? I hear people and I've read nine running books that talk about walking in between long runs...To me it would seem that you want to run the entire long run time. (ofcourse long runs to me are still shorter than 15miles)
    As runs get longer, and hillier (think mountains), and rockier and rootier and muddier, almost everyone walks / power hikes to some degree - even elites. (no, I'm not talking about flat marathons for elites walking) But running as much as you can - the whole way, sometimes - is a worthy goal. Others prefer to run a little longer, even if it means a couple minutes walking in each hour. If you can run / walk for 3.8 hr out of 4 hr, that's more running than running continuously for 2 hr. Use what numbers you want, but walk breaks never killed anyone that I've heard of, and they can certainly make your run a lot longer. On trails, that means I get to go exploring longer.Smile But sometimes it's fun to run the entire route that I once had to run/walk. Run/walk is a nice stepping stone to longer runs that some folks choose to use and some folks choose to not use.,
    "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog