I ran my first 20-mile run (Read 1388 times)

I ran my first 20-mile run.  It was a good run, but legs are rally sore today.  Left knee is achy, right achilles is sore, but I did it!!

Not sure about running today though Sad

an amazing likeness

Congratulations on the 20, that's a great milestone.

But do something light today to help with the kinks.  Even if its a walk for 1 or 2 miles, or just a light jog, you'll be better off in your recovery.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Congrats!
        Shikari1

Cotton mouth

Big time congrats!!  Feels great doesn't it?  Do something easy just to keep those

muscles loose. 

Big time congrats!!  Feels great doesn't it?  Do something easy just to keep those

muscles loose. 

Boy I tried... ran 1.2 miles and had to stop...  my knee was killing me... kinda bummed

Congratulations!  I hope the aches and pains ease up quickly so you can get back out there. 

Michelle

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

WOW - congratulations. I can't imagine running 20....my best is 15. You are inspiring.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Congrats!  What race are you training for?

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Congratulations on a milestone

Not really trying to undermine your achievement

Boy I tried... ran 1.2 miles and had to stop...  my knee was killing me... kinda bummed

But this is what many experienced runners mean when they say no single run is more important than the others in the training schedule.  Don't run so long or so hard that you compromise your other runs.  Hope this is just soreness and you'll be better in a couple of days.

Congrats!  What race are you training for?

Frederick, MD Marathon... May 3

Congratulations on a milestone

Not really trying to undermine your achievement

But this is what many experienced runners mean when they say no single run is more important than the others in the training schedule.  Don't run so long or so hard that you compromise your other runs.  Hope this is just soreness and you'll be better in a couple of days.

Thanks Happy,

I'm trying not to overtrain, but since this is my first shot at this, I'm kinda learning as I go.  I'm following a training plan, and trying not to get hurt...  I probably need to listen to my body better..

My knee feels better today... ran 3 last night with no problem, and going to do 6 today!

xor

Frederick, MD Marathon... May 3

Good luck!

Note that if you show up on this date, you are likely to be running by yourself and dodging some traffic.

The race is the day before.

The first time is always a challenge.  How big is the breadbox.  Etc.  Glad your knee is feeling better.

Good luck!

Note that if you show up on this date, you are likely to be running by yourself and dodging some traffic.

The race is the day before.

The first time is always a challenge.  How big is the breadbox.  Etc.  Glad your knee is feeling better.

Dang...  good catch...  it is right on my calendar... the problem is just with my old brain

Thanks!