WOW (Read 823 times)

I was checking out my marathon training schedule from 2005. Talk about a HUGE difference. Weekly milage from July 24th until Marathon 18.3 18.2 14.6 25 23.6 24.2 29.3 32.5 33.3 30.4 36.7 23.2 36.4 22.8 peaked at 41.3 27.3 19 35.5 including marathon This year starting July 52.1 Mi 60.5 Mi 54.4 Mi 56.4 Mi 41.5 Mi 55.4 Mi

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Those are pretty impressive numbers! It took me YEARS to build up to that! And I have a feeling you aren't done yet...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, Pam...I want to be you in a year! That's some stellar progress in a short time! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Bob! I hope to be running for YEARS!!! I had NO idea how little (in my eyes)I had been running prior to Feb of this year. Thanks Kirsten!! If you want it, you'll acheive it Kirsten!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

You're slacking on a couple weeks there, turbo.
              Forget Mike - I wanna be like Pam Big grin (no Mikeymike - not talking about you - I'd want to be like you too - except you are the wrong gender Wink )

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks Kirsten!! If you want it, you'll acheive it Kirsten!!
                I hope so! But these 30+ mile weeks are killing me. Seems that every time I surpass the 30+ mile mark in a week I feel beat up. But I have to at least 40 mpw next year, or no marathon. k

~ Sarah Kay

I hope so! But these 30+ mile weeks are killing me. Seems that every time I surpass the 30+ mile mark in a week I feel beat up. But I have to at least 40 mpw next year, or no marathon. k
                  looks like you are playing it smart - are you doing a cut-back week every 3rd? Trust me,it's not worth it to push for the extra mileage if it means risking taking 10 -12 weeks "off". Besides, then you can be like Pam and Jeff - seems like I read somewhere that he waited a few years before running his first marathon, and he did OK Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

looks like you are playing it smart - are you doing a cut-back week every 3rd? Trust me,it's not worth it to push for the extra mileage if it means risking taking 10 -12 weeks "off". Besides, then you can be like Pam and Jeff - seems like I read somewhere that he waited a few years before running his first marathon, and he did OK Wink
                    Mostly I just keep my schedule flexible enough and don't make myself run if I'm totally not feeling it. Luckily that doesn't happen too often. I end up naturally having a lower mileage week about every 3rd or 4th week. That's a good point that some very respectable runners around here didn't get those high mileage weeks until they'd been doing it a long time. Sometimes 16+ months really seems longer than it is.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

You're slacking on a couple weeks there, turbo.
                      No kidding sherlock Tongue

Forget Mike - I wanna be like Pam Big grin (no Mikeymike - not talking about you - I'd want to be like you too - except you are the wrong gender Wink )
                        So you wanna do ultra's with me Cheryl ? Big grin Wink

So you wanna do ultra's with me Cheryl ? Big grin Wink
                          Wanna ? You bet!!! Able - that's a whole other question Blush

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group