Apple: it just works (Read 806 times)

Get Lost :)

They are so cool over at Apple...my 2 year old iPhone caught on fire the other day (heh, no shit...it was pretty scary. And also hilarious) I had no apple care, no reciept and the damn thing was 2 years old and dinged up to all hell. I went in to see what they would do (I would have been willing to pay to "repair" it) and they just swapped it out for a new one...exact same model and everything.

They really take customer service to a new level. Love them.

There seems to be a lot of irony in this. Is it true that your iPhone caught on fire, without you setting it on fire, placing it in a fire, next to a fire, etc. etc.? But you love the company? I recognize that Apple aren't the only company with stuff with the bad batteries, but they seem to have a lot of problems with this.

--

Sent from my MacBook Pro. 

I ordered a macbook pro last night.  It will be the first Apple computer that I've owned since I had a pair of these way back when:

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Skooter 3.0

There seems to be a lot of irony in this. Is it true that your iPhone caught on fire, without you setting it on fire, placing it in a fire, next to a fire, etc. etc.? But you love the company? I recognize that Apple aren't the only company with stuff with the bad batteries, but they seem to have a lot of problems with this.

--

Sent from my MacBook Pro. 

I did a little interweb searching and apparently it's a known issue, but there are something like less than 100 reported cases.

Sure I love the company. I mean, they're making millions and millions of devices, there's bound to be some bad apples (no pun intended). What makes a company great is how they handle their screw ups. I've owned several iPods, 2 notebooks, a G3 tower, and an iPhone, the technical issues I've had have been minimal, and anything that has gone wrong has been fixed rather quickly. As far as I'm concerned, Apple definitely rules. 

Not to mention the hours of potential headaches the vastly superior operating system has almost certainly saved me.

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That pun was most certainly intended.

I have had Apples and PCs.  Both have occasional issues.  The issues with my PCs have been FAR more frequent.  Not even close.

Carl A

I ordered a macbook pro last night.  It will be the first Apple computer that I've owned since I had a pair of these way back when:

Cool--I had a Mac Plus too. Got it for nothing from a friend, wired in an external hard drive, and wrote my 125-page master's thesis on it.

All of my free computers the last few years have been PCs, though.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Get Lost :)

That pun was most certainly intended.

I have had Apples and PCs.  Both have occasional issues.  The issues with my PCs have been FAR more frequent.  Not even close.

Issues are one thing. I'd categorize 'fires' in a new category of issues, though. Like, threat level orange. To be fair, it's absolutely not clear if there's a higher risk of incidence with Apple stuff than other mfgs who are using the same batteries. Which is why iKeep all myStuff from Apple.

--

Sent from my other MBP

Come on, now.  Everyone who's anyone builds their own rigs.
                “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz