I just ran two days in a row! (Read 1047 times)

Tiefsa

I know running two days in a row isn't saying much, but you have to celebrate the small victories too.

My knees aren't the best and I am trying to prevent tendonitis and or runner's knee.  It struck last fall and I am determined to get my miles up without knee problems.  I started at 6 miles a week and I am due for 16 this week.  Each week I have gone up by one mile.  Also, I started taking MSM with Gluclosamine. 

I want to make it to 25 miles a week before the middle of August because I just got the head CC coaching job at the school I teach at.  It would be nice to be able to run with the varsity pain free.  You gotta walk the walk if your gonna talk the talk I guess. 

JimR

Hey, progress is progress.

Just out of curiousity, is there a reason for running everything at a sub-8 minute pace?

I may be wrong, but I think you re erring on the side of ______? (somebody help me).

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Tiefsa

Well - Since I'm not running quantity, I figure it should at least be quality. 

I used to be a decent D3 collegiate runner and in my mind I am still hanging onto those days. 

JimR

I used to be a decent D3 collegiate runner and in my mind I am still hanging onto those days. 

hah, the legs still remember what to do even if the knees aren't as forgiving Big grin

Last week I had little time to run, so when I did I was picking up the pace every time.  By the weekend my legs were begging me to stop.

s. 

Quality? Are you sure? Do you risk re-injury in doing so? Prolly.

Me, I'd go easy for 4-6 weeks, gradially rebuilding mileage totals from your past year(s).  Then...

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Imminent Catastrophe

I may be wrong, but I think you re erring on the side of ______? (somebody help me).

hurt.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Tiefsa

This is off topic, but how do you take someone elses quote and get that fancy box around it?

Oh - And I'm afraid to go after my past mileage totals because back then I was single.  Now I have a wife and three children under the age of four.

Wingz

Professional Noob

This is off topic, but how do you take someone elses quote and get that fancy box around it?

Oh - And I'm afraid to go after my past mileage totals because back then I was single.  Now I have a wife and three children under the age of four.

Hit the "quote" button on the upper right of every post.

Big grin

Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a jogging stroller... 

Roads were made for journeys...

Tiefsa

Hit the "quote" button on the upper right of every post.

Big grin

Hey look - I did it!

Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a jogging stroller... 

Hehe ... he'd probably need one of these monsters: