help!! Need advice on compression fracture (Read 63 times)

SarahAnn

Hi all! I was recently hit by a drunk driver ( 🙁 ) and I was injured pretty badly. I got a concussion, a broken arm which required surgery (they put in 12 screws and a big plate) and I got a compression fracture in my spine (L3 and c7). If it isn't better in a few weeks, im going to need surgery. They'll insert liquified cement into my spine where it was fractured which will relieve the pressure. Obviously I'm really hoping to avoid this! Has anyone ever got a compression fracture before? I love to run and I'm really hoping this doesn't have any long term effects. Thanks 😊

an amazing likeness

Ouch!  I hope you'll find out how amazing the body's healing abilities are. You'll have a long road, and the future you will have different capability for movement...it's a journey and no one person's experience is similar.

Good luck!  Work the PT like it's critical, because it is.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Listen to Milktruck. He knows about recovery! Be very upfront with your doctor and your PT and make sure they know that you want a running compatible solution if at all possible. And do the work. Good luck!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.