Best running times! Tips for improvement! (Read 128 times)

Christina321

I recently during my last Cross Country season ran a 23:05 for a 5k, but my best time from earlier in the season was a 26:24. Pack running is definitely what made the difference for me!

an amazing likeness

Well sure...every gazelle knows being last in the pack isn't good.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

BeeRunB

What is "pack" running? And how or why did it make a difference in your 1.77% improvement? Thanks. 

Christina321

Christina321

Well sure...every gazelle knows being last in the pack isn't good.

Exactly!

Christina321

What is "pack" running? And how or why did it make a difference in your 1.77% improvement? Thanks. 

My coach told us to stick with the person ahead of you, the person you know that is faster than you are. It's hard, but worth it when you cross the finish line! Your body can take almost anything, It's your mind that needs to be trained. (:

jeffdonahue

How do you figure a 1.7% improvement?  She dropped over 3 minutes off a 26 minute 5K, more like 13%, which is a nice little drop there.

Mr MattM

How do you figure a 1.7% improvement?  She dropped over 3 minutes off a 26 minute 5K, more like 13%, which is a nice little drop there.

Looks like the original post was modified today at 2:34p... I wonder if the original times posted were changed?

be curious; not judgmental

Christina321

Looks like the original post was modified today at 2:34p... I wonder if the original times posted were changed?

I had run both a 23:30, and 23:03. But my first time I had ever run this season was a 26:40. Kind of confusing, sorry.