Default Equipment (Read 395 times)

half-fast

Is there a way to have a certain piece of equipment (ie Running Shoes) come up as the default when creating a new workout entry?  I think this feature was there before but it hasn't been working for a while now.  I tried retiring all of the other shoes, but that did not seem to help...

Any ideas?

eric :)

The last pair of shoes you used is the default.  This is how it has been for several years now.  I may change the behavior in the next major release since it should support multiple equipment.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think it would be convenient if, when I upload a run consisting of a bunch of segments, after I set the shoes in the first segment, it would default to that pair of shoes for all the other segments.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

half-fast

Hi Eric - Thank you for the reply.  I see what I was doing wrong now.  At some point I created a workout with "No Equipment" which set that as my default.  I have since then always forgot to set the equipment to the correct one on the initial creation of the workout and had to go back to the workout and edit it in.  I was thinking that once I edited the workout, that the new equipment would become the default.

I created a new workout this morning with the correct equipment and now the default is coming up as I had intended.

thanks!

eric :)

I think it would be convenient if, when I upload a run consisting of a bunch of segments, after I set the shoes in the first segment, it would default to that pair of shoes for all the other segments.

Hrm... I think this would be the ideal use case, rather than simply listing all equipment used.  It does introduce some challenges.  I would need to modify the database to store this info and how it would affect search.  I'll keep this in mind when I add multi-equipment support.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hrm... I think this would be the ideal use case, rather than simply listing all equipment used.  It does introduce some challenges.  I would need to modify the database to store this info and how it would affect search.  I'll keep this in mind when I add multi-equipment support.

And then today in a very unusual case, I actually changed shoes after the first run segment, so even if it did that default for me, I'd have to edit it. That would be fine of course -- just saying, that it would be good if all the equipments were still available for adjusting in subsequent segments, for this rather unusual case.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.