C25K - 30 Minute run! (Read 1073 times)

I'm on the final stretch folks! I did my first 30 minute run this morning and it was GREAT! Only two more runs before I graduate. Does anyone have a good idea for a running plan after I'm done this program? The beginner 5K plan sounds a little accelerated for me at this point. Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I completed C25k I pretty much just concentrated on running 3-4x/week and increasing the time I ran by a maximum of 10%/week...that's still what I am doing, for the most part, though in the last couple of months I have been doing at least 4 runs/week, with a week or two of 5 runs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ditto. Though I've found I prefer 5 runs per week, that's just me and now. Start where you're at, work on consistancy and making it part of your normal life. Make increases in milage gradual. Don't try anything fancy for a while. The good news is you get to be your own coach for a little while. The bad news is... you get to be your own coach for a little while. You might look into seeing if you can find a local running club to go with. That can be a lot of fun and a nice way to keep motivated. Oh. One more thing. Pick another race and sign up for it. Big grin Congrats in advance!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh. One more thing. Pick another race and sign up for it. Big grin
          Yep, no motivation like knowing that you've paid a race fee and want to get your money's worth! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Congratulations, Kimmer!! As a fellow beginner, I don't have any advice for you, but I've done what's been previously suggested and have added time gradually to my runs. Now, I'm running between 40-50 minutes. And, I did sign up for a race at the end of November to keep me motivated to keep improving. Robin

Robin

Finished!

Congratulations! I'm hot on your tail Wink I'll be hitting my 30 min runs next week - I plan on moving to the 1 hour runner program after I finish C25k - it slowly builds you from running for a half an hr up to running a full hour. I need to build the time because my pace is still too slow to hit a 5k distance in 30 min and I have a race scheduled for December. Big grin
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                Congratulations! I'm hot on your tail Wink I'll be hitting my 30 min runs next week - I plan on moving to the 1 hour runner program after I finish C25k - it slowly builds you from running for a half an hr up to running a full hour. I need to build the time because my pace is still too slow to hit a 5k distance in 30 min and I have a race scheduled for December. Big grin
                Where can I find this 1-hour runner program? Kimmer
                My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me

Finished!

Kimmer - it's over on Cool Running also... http://www.coolrunning.com/major/97/training/swit0214.htm#run If you go that route, I'll be joining you. My first 30 min run is scheduled for Wednesday (Week 9 Day 1 of C25K)
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                  xhristopher

I'm on the final stretch folks! I did my first 30 minute run this morning and it was GREAT! Only two more runs before I graduate. Does anyone have a good idea for a running plan after I'm done this program? The beginner 5K plan sounds a little accelerated for me at this point. Kimmer

Congrats on 30 minutes and graduation!

Great job, kimmer!

Runners run

BeeRunB

Someone is pulling up old Kimmer threads!