Some Like It Hot (Read 1273 times)

Local water fountains have now joined in the act: nothing like refreshing 80F water bubbling up to your lips.

I always wonder why there are no drinking fountains anywhere.   

- Anya

Slice

I had my 2nd most miserable run ever on Saturday. It was 100+ and then it rained for about 5-10 minutes.I headed out right after the rain stopped. I could literally see steam rising from the pavement during my run. I felt like I was running with a hot wet towel over my face. At one point I wished for a car to plow me over. At another I sincerely hoped a dog would attack me. I managed to make it 7 miles, even though there were some nasty hills involved. Afterward I agreed that it really does take a special kind of stupid to run in that. I'm still glad I ran though.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

Reason #153 why I love Seattle:

The water coming out of my pipes is ice freakin cold 11 months out of the year.

I would kill to live out there.  Rain, overcast, cool weather.  Too bad the cost of living is so high.  I used to go there on business and fell in love with the forcast " 100% chance of rain today"    I would live in Scotland, the Pacific NW, or Portland Maine.  

We keep talking about retiring somewhere cool.   

- Anya

Mr Play

Great read. I've been doing the 5AM thing but I'm hoping to get some more afternoon runs in through the rest of the summer.

bhearn

Reason #153 why that I love Seattle:

Dude, you're writing a book. Fix that bad habit.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dude, you're writing a book. Fix that bad habit.

What's wrong with "the reason why:" ?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

bhearn

The Reason is Already the Why

Though there is some debate on this point. It always really, really grates on me, though. But I will admit that it's not nearly as bad as "the reason is because...", or (shudder) "the reason why is because...".

xor

It is a fair criticism because I understand and I do it anyway.

In my head, what I really meant...

WHY I LOVE SEATTLE, reason #153: (fill-in)

I chunk things weirdly and fell into an old bad habit that I've understood for a long time.