Runniversary (Read 946 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Two years today I started running. There are days, still, when it feels like the first day all over again. Mostly though, it feels like a lifetime ago when I started running. It is amazing how much has changed in that little two year span. One thing has remained. I love running. Onward, then.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

De-slacking in progress

Congrats- keep up the good work- we gotta catch up to Long Run NickSmile

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Nice work Q and congratulations. Always remember the face of your father.
        I love running.
        Ha....fool.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

#artbydmcbride

Happy Runniversary! Smile

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Your comment made me go back and look. I restarted 1 year, 1 week, and 1 day ago. So to celebrate I think I'll have (what else!) 1 bourbon, 1 shot, 1 beer. And yeah - Happy Runniversary!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your comment made me go back and look. I restarted 1 year, 1 week, and 1 day ago. So to celebrate I think I'll have (what else!) 1 bourbon, 1 shot, 1 beer. And yeah - Happy Runniversary!
              Ha! I have a year on ya', Q...look at how far you've come in only 731 days (I think there was a Leap Year in there). Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Congrats. Keep up the good work. Idiot.

Not at it at all. 

When an older thread comes back to life, it's sad to click on view log and see nothing but zeroes. If those folks had just become idiots stuck with it a little longer they could have gotten to the point of healthy addiction. Glad that you did Q, I'll raise a beer to your runniversary tonight. Onward it is then.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

MoBramExam

Well done, Q. One of the things I always take from reading your run entries: You love what your doin'. Keep doin' it, Sub-20 Bro!

Great job Q. Smile

Think Whirled Peas

Thanx everyone!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Lazy idiot

Nice, dude. We'll hoist one for you on Saturday.

Tick tock