Suggestions for motivational videos or anything else that makes you want to get up and go? (Read 1078 times)

I've been in a funk the last week or so. Started with me getting a couple days off of work and being lazy and watching movies on Netflix. Now I'm having a hard time getting back into my training program. Normally when this happens I watch a video that gets me inspired again to make sure every day pushes me closer to reaching my goals. I normally watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVz0GTglmc&feature=feedf

It's starting to lose its effect on me. Does anyone have any other videos, songs, quotes, etc… they like to watch when they are going through a funk to get them back into the groove of things? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"It's a must that you outwork your competition today! Think training is hard? Try losing!" Eric Thomas

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You could get your cholesterol checked.  That can motivate you.

keeponrunning

No. watching. til. after. work.  Must. resist. temptation.

If I don't, I will be working and jogging on the spot.  Which is fine but the cement floor gives my shin splints Tongue

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

After listening to my 4 and 2 year old fight for awhile, I'm pretty motivated to get out of the house and go for a long run.  The wife doesn't like me much though when I do that.

Hey Danny. I'm on a temporary layoff, too. 

I saw this today and it gave me a little kick.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I look at race results for my AG from previous years.  If I don't want to be last I need to get my ass out the door...this is more true with cycling than with running.  Cycling's a helluvalot more competitive--smaller fields and far fewer noobs and weekend warriors to make me look less slow.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you're doing any indoor bike workouts I HIGHLY recommend checking out workouts on TheSufferfest.com.  They are inexpensive downloads...funny (not fun), painful, and they make the time go fast...FAR better than Coach Troy's lame humor and watching a bunch of other people on trainers on the Spinervals workouts.  Robbie Ventura's Real Rides workouts are good, too, but more $$.

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Come to RA to see how far back of the bunny you are. It works wonders for me.Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

I'm touching your pants.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

yeah bring it on. My motivation also needs a swift kick in the pants... Undecided

I did actually go running today. And then it promptly started to hail. And then pour. And I was wearing shorts. See what happens when I take time off studying to exercise? baaad things...

Hawt and sexy

Wha? Hail? That must have missed us.

I'm touching your pants.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This video gets me motivated...CX + drumline...cool.  Someday I want to be fit enough to try that.  First I need to get my left ankle un-FUBARd so that I can run on loose terrain and hurdle barriers and then I need a more appropriate bike.  My road bike doesn't have clearance for knobby tires, nor do I want to trash it doing 'cross, anyhow.

~ Sarah Kay

No Talent Drips

You could get your cholesterol checked.  That can motivate you.

fuck yeah

Dei Gratia

Wha? Hail? That must have missed us.

yeah it was pretty heavy for a little bit! But it was weirdly warm at the same time.