Training vs. Racing Shoe.. (Read 252 times)

RunSaintRun

AK, yeah I think part of the problem is the shoes I wear aren't 'roomy' enough to wear a warm pair of socks during the winter. I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next pair of trail shoes.  If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty??

Thanks!

If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty? 

Same question. I was looking at gaiters at MEC.

I was favouring these other than the price.

These ones are 20% of the price, but have some bad reviews.

I'm torn.

DoppleBock

I am unsure of your quesiton - I have 6 pair of training shoes that I rotate to make sure they are completely dry before wearing them again.  I have 2 pair of light weight shoes I wear for the 2 days of speed work each week.  I am a big guy so my light weight shoes are fairly supportive (Asics Tarther - 7.2 ounces)

Hey Gang..

How many if you wear a separate shoe for most of your training miles, then go to something lighter or different for races and speedwork?

And if you do... whats the rotation look like?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

AK, yeah I think part of the problem is the shoes I wear aren't 'roomy' enough to wear a warm pair of socks during the winter. I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next pair of trail shoes.  If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty??

Thanks!

http://www.crescentmoonsnowshoes.com/accessories/index.php

but bike shops may have something similar. CM were about 5mm thick and the original bike ones I had were a bit closer to 3mm. My originals came from local bike shop (day before a winter tri that looked to be 0F or colder, and we hadn't been that cold yet), and don't remember where I actually bought the CM - someplace online.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog