2020 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 408 times)

delicate flower

My $66 jacket arrived today.  It sure is pretty.  Now, into the closet for four months.

<3

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Oooh, that's nice! I'm going for the first time in ten years this spring and will definitely have to get one. --Christine

cinnamon girl

My $66 jacket arrived today.  It sure is pretty.  Now, into the closet for four months.

Can't get much more pretentious than this.

delicate flower

Can't get much more pretentious than this.

What an ugly personality you must have.

<3

I do have to admit, as a person that finds most of the Boston jackets too much, 2020's jacket really looks nice.  For the first time ever, had I qualified, I would have seriously considered buying one.

As far as pretentiousness goes, we have threads of hundreds of pages that involve people posting their easy run paces each week.  So there's that.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

From the Internet.

I am a huge fan of ugly neon, but DANG that is a nice-looking jacket! Will definitely have to get one.

I hear we are 18 WEEKS OUT ALREADY  I'm still very much in indoor track mode but trying to keep some long runs in the mix so I'm not totally blindsided when I start switching over to distance again in a couple months!! Friend who was going for OTQ got it at CIM, so she may be pacing me to a PR if we get decent weather on race day Big grin If not, being in PR shape but going for a nice long jog will still be a great way to spend a Monday in April!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Don't worry, the weather's always great at Boston.

cinnamon girl

With nearly half of the 'american' public continuing to support this man, touting the red white and blue right now - the definition of pretentious is fitting. Boston chose a poor time for those colors. And I have no idea what older jackets look like but I have much more respect and admiration for those who are humble and understated. This unicorn is so fucking big it's an in your face thing.

delicate flower

^ that is so interesting.  Please tell us more.

<3

Wow.  I never would have...

I guess the term rent-free really means something.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

mikeymike

With nearly half of the 'american' public continuing to support this man

I haven't seen any opinion polling but I would estimate Baboon's approval rating to be way above 50%.

Runners run

xhristopher

I stand with Baboon.

mikeymike

I stand with Baboon.

Lets rally on Boston Common in support of Babs! Tomorrow at 6pm, be there!

Runners run

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Lets rally on Boston Common in support of Babs! Tomorrow at 6pm, be there!

just don't wear red, white and blue or you might be mistaken for an american...

I'm curious what the difference is between an American and 'american'?

just don't wear red, white and blue or you might be mistaken for an american...