Cool Running log import (Read 5406 times)

sluggo

John

OK - I am having a hard time getting to my old log on CR and getting it exported. Someone posted this link: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=PapaBanucci;p=password I tried cutting and pasting it - replacing PapaBanucci with my CR name (1CandoKid) and password with my unique password. It brings me to the active sign in page that asks for your email address & password. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Someone also mentioned emailing Amy Steiner, who helped export their log. I emailed her asking for help, and all I got back was my name, email, and password - so that was a dead end... Pat
    OK - I have just finished doing this successfully with my old CR login: (If it does not work for you - are you using firefox? It worked for me.) 1) log into active.com with your login ID and passwd 2) open a new tab or firefox window and point the browser to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=john7m (except use your username instead of mine) 3) you should now be looking at the old familiar CR running log screen 4) select "Tools" (located near the top of the page on the right side you should see "Download Your Running Log" HTH!

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

spacityrunner

A little late to the log game, but I was able to go in today, 12/20 and get my old CR log and seamlessly transfer to the new, cool log here at runningahead. I want to thank you for allowing all of us CR refugees to jump on board and use this wonderful product you have designed. I love this log!!!

Trails Rock!

I saw this in another thread: I went to one of the threads for you and came back with this (the following was written by leendert): I found a workaround if you don't have a cookie on your machine that remembered your login information. I'm not sure how long they will work for - I assume Active will shut these backdoors pretty quickly to lock you into their site. I just exported 5 years worth of data - glad it is still there. I had set coolrunning to remember my login information, so I did not need to specify my password and simply got my data by only specifying my username. However, once I cleared my cookies and tried to login using the approach mentioned I could no longer log in. But, I found another workaround, it is a two step process that should work for any one who remembers their username and password. In the URLs below, substitute USERNAME by your user name, and PASSWORD by the password you used on coolrunning. First you have to go through the login process: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/register/start_prefs.cgi?UserName=USERNAME&Password=PASSWORD&goAction=login After the log in you will be redirected to the coolrunning home page, but now your login information has been remembered, and you can get to your old training log by going to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME Then go to Tools and use the Download Your Running Log option to save your data (after saving this file, you can open it with excel).
          The two step process worked for me, and I now have converted six more CR running logs to this site - thanks! Pat
            Eric, I can't transfer the log by myself and you have ignored two emails from me. What do I do?
            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
              Prince.... I would use a pen and paper until he gets to it. My guess is he is pretty busy right now.
              Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric, I can't transfer the log by myself and you have ignored two emails from me. What do I do?
                I'm sure there was no deliberate ignoring involved. I've talked a bit with him about the CR log imports and there are literally several hundred that he's working on. Since he's doing them in order received it's likely he's just not gotten to your request yet. For now, hang tight and go ahead and log what you're doing now. Eric says it's safe to use the log now and that his import won't interfere. Welcome to RunningAHEAD. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Thanks.
                  I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                  eric :)

PrinceJ, I didn't mean to ignore you. Honestly, I didn't even see your emails. I have so many emails from the CR migration that I just dump them into a folder and process them by date. I've imported your log. You should be good to go. eric Smile

Rim Rock Dad

Eric, thank you so much for what you've done for us old CR's. I tried your export last night, even after I was suckered into the active log, and it works great! I love the mapping feature. It works so much better than any of the other that I've used in the past. I look forward to logging in my runs now, not dreading it like I have the past week or 2. Thanks.
                      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                      Area Man

Count me in. I tried Active, but it's way too complicated. They collect too much data, yet don't have robust enough reports.
                        carbo19

Hello All, I am also a recent Cool Running transplant and I have a question about VO2 Max. I noticed after I imported my data from CR I have VO2 Max readings associated to my runs. How are these calculated? Thanks! Carbo
                          momster

Bless your heart, Eric! I have just imported 5+ years of running data using the helpful hints provided. I am in heaven! I thought it was lost -- and having tried to make Active work for nearly a month, I was pretty mopey about its limitations and how cumbersome it was. Thank you, thank you.
                            eric :)

Hello All, I am also a recent Cool Running transplant and I have a question about VO2 Max. I noticed after I imported my data from CR I have VO2 Max readings associated to my runs. How are these calculated? Thanks! Carbo
                              I thought the good doctor would get to this question before I did. Apparently not. Here's some additional info about it.

A Saucy Wench

But, I found another workaround, it is a two step process that should work for any one who remembers their username and password. In the URLs below, substitute USERNAME by your user name, and PASSWORD by the password you used on coolrunning. First you have to go through the login process: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/register/start_prefs.cgi?UserName=USERNAME&Password=PASSWORD&goAction=login After the log in you will be redirected to the coolrunning home page, but now your login information has been remembered, and you can get to your old training log by going to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME Then go to Tools and use the Download Your Running Log option to save your data (after saving this file, you can open it with excel).
                                THANK YOU!!!! this worked and only took about 2 minutes. Now I just have to manually enter my data since the move from heck and I am going to be a happy girl!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7