Weight loss on vacation...? (Read 608 times)

Hey all, Returning from Eastern Europe yesterday after 3.5 weeks of blissful vacationing and travel, albeit with minimal running I am sad to say, I stepped on the scales and realized I had somehow lost ~4lbs. This is very strange being that I have been eating out for the last 26 days and have not been running too much, as you can see from my training log. While I wasn't eating much, I definately was on my feet walking all day, as well as paddling in a kayak for a 5 day increment. So the question to all you super smart people out there - could this lost weight in fact be lost muscle mass from not running, or is this too short of a time period to account for this? Or should I just count my blessings and rejoice in the fact that I somehow lost weight while away? Thanks for the input!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You are dehydrated from the long flight. Wink
        You are dehydrated from the long flight. Wink
        Is there anything Trent doesn't know?
        JakeKnight

Is there anything Trent doesn't know?
          How to run fast? Oh, snap.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I say dehydration as well. I'm the same way and it seems I can NEVER drink enough water! Though I'd rather believe that it was from all the junk food and Starbucks Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Maybe dehydration. But if the pounds stay off, I wouldn't be too surprised. Don't underestimate the impact of being on your feet moving all day. I doubt it's lost muscle mass, I don't think that would happen so fast.
              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

A Saucy Wench

When I stop running or significantly decrease my mileage I dump 2-3 lbs of water weight very quickly (within a week or so). It usually comes back when I start up again. But on an active vacation I can lose weight. Food just isnt in such abundance anywhere else and I am BUSY!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7