My marathon is Sunday! (Read 988 times)

uncontrollable

Eager for the day to arrive.  Couple glitches in training.  One of which is occurring Thur.  Minor invasive procedure which I will not know how 'minor' or how 'invasive' until after it happens.  I plan to run the race but have let go of my original time goal and realize that racing 3 days after a procedure that may lead to bleeding is a little bit nuts.  First I will see how it goes Thur., but regardless ... I think running an aggressive race is not wise.  Running comfortable ... I feel, is reasonable.  Of course, being a nurse, I can always imagine a worse scenario that  someone overcame or functioned in the midst of, so it would be hard to convince me to sit this one out.  My hubby is not happy that I still plan to run.  Bottom line - I will assess as I go - I know what is serious & what isn't - if things get hairy - I will stop.

I would like some good energy thoughts projected my way - if anyone has a minute!

Thanks,

Kelly

peace

I hope all goes well with your procedure, and that you have a good race. Have fun! Smile

I'm sending positive vibes.  I hope the procedure goes even more smoothly than expected.  My marathon's on Sunday, too!  Where are you running (I'll be at the Flying Pig)?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I bet it will be a non-issue, but if it doesn't seem right or feel right, don't do anything heroic/dumb. Smile

Fingers crossed for the non-issue.

BTW, I'll be running my marathon at the same time as you're running yours.  Maybe we can telepathically pace each other.  Good luck!

Is the procedure something you can safely postpone for a week?  Good luck with both!

uncontrollable

Thanks!  So, it went well today.  Painful but it's over.  MD actually said if I agree to stop if I start having bleeding than she feels that I can go ahead and run it.  I was surprised she would approve.  Usually docs advice nowadays is super conservative due to legal awareness.  I am glad she is reasonable.

So, Providence RI here I come!  Weather looks good.  I am going to just run with what I got!

Not going to think too much about it.  Just get there & run.  Can't wait!

peace

uncontrollable

I'm sending positive vibes.  I hope the procedure goes even more smoothly than expected.  My marathon's on Sunday, too!  Where are you running (I'll be at the Flying Pig)?

Heard many good things about FP ... enjoy.  Vibes matter!  Thx.

peace

uncontrollable

I bet it will be a non-issue, but if it doesn't seem right or feel right, don't do anything heroic/dumb. Smile

Fingers crossed for the non-issue.

BTW, I'll be running my marathon at the same time as you're running yours.  Maybe we can telepathically pace each other.  Good luck!

Telepathy works for believers.  And I believe.  Bring it on & you'll get it back!!!  Wooooooooooo

peace

be careful & have a safe fun race!

wonder if your doctor gave you her blessing of sorts because she knows you are going to run anyway!?  anyway stick to your promise if you have any issues, stop & walk or get a ride back.   pleeeeese

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Telepathy works for believers.  And I believe.  Bring it on & you'll get it back!!!  Wooooooooooo

Okay especially around Mile 18 I might actually start seeing you ahead of me. Smile

Feeling the growl again

Be smart....but if there are no complications, kick butt!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

KMB

I and the RI Road Runners will see you all at the water stop at mile 7, traffic control mile 9.5-10.5, mile 19, and water at 20.  Hope it goes great for you.

runnershawn

I will be running Providence as well. We should have a good day.  Best Wishes  Shawn 

uncontrollable

Shawn - I will also have my GTD singlet on!  I don't get to all the on-site track workouts because of work but I have been working with Fernando for 8 years or so.  How long have you been with him?  It will be good to see another GTD'r there!  I am driving down with a couple people in the a.m. so I will see you there!  We are going to have a great race - I just have a feeling!  Rest & hydrate!

peace

DanMoriarity

Good Luck!

You seem to be going into it sensibly (ie.seeing hpw things go on Thursday first, running relaxed, not getting attached to a particular time goal etc.). I'd suggest having a specific plan in place as a precaution (ie. carry a cell phone, know where the medical stations are on the course etc.), though I'm sure you'll be fine. I wish you a successful run. Let us know how it goes.