Finished C25K! (Read 708 times)

keepgoing

I finally did it! It took me 11 weeks because I got sick but I finished this morning with my best time! I run very slow (15 minute mile) but took a minute off my mile. Finished the 3 miles in 42 minutes. I know that doesn't sound very good but to me it's a major break through! I am going to keep adding a .25 mile each week until I can run 4 miles then I plan on doing HHST. I also have to sign up for my first 5K. Wow! What a great feeling!!! Claire
      Congratulations! Keep up the good work and enjoy that 5k as a reward for all of your hard work.
      I love to eat, therefore I must run!
        Happy Happy Day for you Claire! I remember my C25K Graduation day, it was Thanksgiving Day..... Made me feel sooooooo much better about all those Holiday Yummies going down into the Ole' Belly that day! Tongue Congratulations on your accomplishment. It only gets Better from here! Cheffy Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

jfa

Way to Go Claire!!!It's all you!!! Wink

Another Passion

I know that doesn't sound very good but to me it's a major break through! I am going to keep adding a .25 mile each week until I can run 4 miles then I plan on doing HHST. I also have to sign up for my first 5K. Wow! What a great feeling!!! Claire
            Way to go Claire! Always keep in mind "good" is a relative term to yourself and your accomplishments. That's what makes running so cool. Your goals are your's and when you accomplish them, that's awesome! As runners, we all celebrate in each others' accomplishments, milestones, and victories! Congratulations on meeting this goal and keep up the great work! Wink

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job sticking with it! Definitely sign up for that race, and then sign up for another. Running is a very goal oriented activity and races are excellent goals to work toward. It takes a lot of discipline to keep running without that "carrot" dangling in front of you. Tom
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job sticking with it! Definitely sign up for that race, and then sign up for another. Running is a very goal oriented activity and races are excellent goals to work toward. It takes a lot of discipline to keep running without that "carrot" dangling in front of you. Tom
                Can't second that strongly enough! As a newbie, that's what keeps me going. Great work, Claire!! That is so awesome. You finished the program a lot quicker than I did! Smile Teresa
                keepgoing

Thanks everyone! The support on this site is fantastic. I was a lurker for quite a while and was able to learn so much from all of you. The encouragement you give to one another is so wonderful. I'm glad I finally stopped lurking and joined the group! Claire

Rim Rock Dad

Congratulations! The program that you finished is the same one that got me started running. 5 years later, I still think its one of the beat 2 decisions of my life (first being marrying my wife). I hope that you'll get at least 2x the enjoyment that I get from it, and that you'll be able to do things that you've never been able to do before. But don't get too serious, Wink have fun with your first 5k. You'll never forget it.
                    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                    keepgoing

Thanks Running dad! I actually ran my first race today. It was a 5K and I found out about it yesterday and just registered online. I did my best time (42:12) and I wasn't even the last one to finish! It felt great to complete it but I did get nervous when I didn't see any markers for mile one. At mile 2 I was able to see my time (27:00) and wasn't so worried about how much further I had to go. I did it - My first race! WooooHooo! Claire
                      stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

You are awesome! Congratulations!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's great advice and SO true! Plus...I'd put money on that first race making you a bit of an addict. At least that was the case for me after my first 5k race a month or so after finishing the C25k. Smile Good work and enjoy the ride as you continue to improve and speed up. I think my average mile pace is about 3 minutes faster now than when I first finished C25k--and that's even at distances of 3+ times as far. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I love to see threads like this, way to go Claire. Keep going! (and going and going...)

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.