RAGBRAI ?!? (Read 3352 times)

#artbydmcbride

Riders jam Minburn during RAGBRAI XLI Tuesday, July 23, 2013.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Karen Chicken of Waukee gets spun by Team Spin in Dallas Center Tuesday afternoon July 23, 2013 on the way to their overnight in Des Moines during RAGBRAI XLI.

Runners run

That looks like a lot of fun!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Kalsarikännit

My team bus. It had an elaborate tap system. Between the tons of beer sponsors, and professional and home brewers on the team, we calculated that we would have to drink two gallons of beer per person per day (not including the drinking we do in town at the beer gardens and bars), just to go through what we had. We were begging people to come over to the bus and drink our beer.

The day before the ride starts is fantastic because everyone is on this thing driving across the state (and I don't think our bus gets up to 45 mph), having a great time and mooning the other team busses that pass (or rarely, that we pass).

Ragbrai does not bring out the most serious people.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

Me and some of my boys. We are standing around talking to a state trooper. They volunteer for this job and are very nice.

Cycling sandals are the key to a good time. The crabby cyclists that are committed to hurrying up to the overnight town each day so they can sit around are always in regular cycling shoes.

Slo

The crabby cyclists that are committed to hurrying up to the overnight town each day so they can sit around are always in regular cycling shoes.

The fun happens between the overnight towns. Team Testosterone and the Dicks on Sticks have no idea what they're missing.

Simply put...RAGBRAI is the most fun I have ever had. 7 days of drinking, eating and peddaling my way across the state of Iowa.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The fun happens between the overnight towns. Team Testosterone and the Dicks on Sticks have no idea what they're missing.

Simply put...RAGBRAI is the most fun I have ever had. 7 days of drinking, eating and peddaling my way across the state of Iowa.

Exactly.  If you don't stop in every town, you're missing RAGBRAI.

Kalsarikännit

It is the only place on earth where you ride 500 miles in one week and gain weight.

I'm not quite sure why.