2017 New York City Marathon Thread (Read 295 times)

MIRich

Maybe this has been posted already, what is the official jacket of the 2017 NY marathon? I thought it was the Windcheater, but see that there are 3 different colors available?

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

Julia1971

Maybe this has been posted already, what is the official jacket of the 2017 NY marathon? I thought it was the Windcheater, but see that there are 3 different colors available?

There hasn't been an official jacket like there is for Boston.  But, based on how many times I'm seeing the ads on Facebook, I feel like they're trying tomake the Windcheater "the jacket".  I didn't know it was in multiple colors, though.

MIRich

There hasn't been an official jacket like there is for Boston.  But, based on how many times I'm seeing the ads on Facebook, I feel like they're trying tomake the Windcheater "the jacket".  I didn't know it was in multiple colors, though.

Thank you. That's my observation as well. They seem to be really pushing the Windcheater jacket. Its available in Red/Black, 2 tone blue, or black/purple.

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

Julia1971

My count-down timer says we're five days out.  So, I think we can entertain weather discussions.

Accuweather:

Saturday Night - 48 degree low temperature.  A little rain late.

Sunday Day - 59 degree high.  Occasional rain and drizzle.

The Weather Channel:

Saturday Night - 50 degree low temperature.  Showers late.

Sunday Day - 57 degree high temperature.  AM showers.

PhD Wil

I think  ASICS did a better job with race  gear than NB nevertheless I  will probably pick something up at the expo

MIRich

http://findmymarathon.com/weather/new-york-city-marathon-weather.php

2017 New York City Marathon Weather

Location Time Temperature Humidity Dewpoint Wind Conditions
              Start 9:20am 53°F 62% 40°F 14mph E Drizzle
              Drizzle
              Halfway 10:20am 55°F 57% 40°F 12mph E Drizzle
              Drizzle
              Finish 11:20am 57°F 53% 40°F 11mph E Overcast
              Overcast

Wind Direction

Tailwind: 5% of the Course
              Headwind: 14% of the Course

There is a typo in this weather report. The finish time is WAAAYYY off.

dano79

If that humidity level holds I'll be happy.

Julia1971

There is a typo in this weather report. The finish time is WAAAYYY off.

You're planning on Breaking2?  Go get it!

Julia1971

Accuweather:

Saturday Night - 53 degree low temperature.  Rain and drizzle late.

Sunday Day - 61 degree high.  Mostly cloudy and damp.

The Weather Channel:

Saturday Night - 53 degree low temperature.  Rain.

Sunday Day - 64 degree high temperature.  AM light rain showers.

In light of yesterday's event, I'm wondering if security will be even tighter this year.  Given the forecast, I seem to recall the police were enforcing the visible bib rule as we were coming off the bus last year.

Julia1971

Accuweather:

Saturday Night - 53 degree low temperature.  Rain and drizzle late.

Sunday Day - 63 degree high.  Cloudy, mild and damp.

The Weather Channel:

Saturday Night - 52 degree low temperature.  Rain late.

Sunday Day - 64 degree high temperature.  AM showers.

Looks like I'm packing a poncho for the wait in Staten Island.

Julia1971

Accuweather:

Saturday Night - 53 degree low temperature.  Occasional rain and drizzle.

Sunday Day - 63 degree high.  Rather cloudy and damp.

The Weather Channel:

Saturday Night - 51 degree low temperature.  Showers late.

Sunday Day - 64 degree high temperature.  AM showers.

Looks like the temperatures stayed the same.  We'll have to see when the showers end...

Did my recovery run in Central Park this morning.  I saw so many elites!  Ran behind Shalane for a good half mile and got to wish her good luck after she turned around.  Literally almost ran into Jared Ward.  Part of what makes this race so cool.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm excited for you all! Have a great day!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Julia - That's so awesome to see them in CP!  Good luck on Sunday.  I'll be in the Brooklyn peanut gallery (is that a redundant statement?) cheering everyone on!

To your earlier question, I think there is plenty of security getting into the Village.  It's the other areas that I would want to see reinforced.  Went to the Expo today (Fri) and these guys were guarding....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

newtonmarunner

This past Wednesday during physical therapy (for my knees and quads) while stretching, I fell, and hurt my big toe.  Went ti an urgent care center yesterday, got an x-ray, and thankfully the radiologist looked over what the nurse practitioner saw as an avulsion fracture.  Still, they taped up my toes, and my foot is still somewhat swollen red.  I still have a little trouble toeing off when I walk.  Trying to decide if it’s worth taking a deferral, or doing my 5th straight NYC.  The race means a lot to me.  I realize I could get seriously hurt or have a significantly longer recovery time.  Oh good — I have under 18 hours to decide. ...

Julia1971

Accuweather:

Tonight - 52 degree low temperature.  On-and-off rain and drizzle.

Sunday Day - 65 degree high.  Cloudy with mist.

The Weather Channel:

Tonight - 52 degree low temperature.  Cloudy skies with periods of rain late.

Sunday Day - 63 degree high temperature.  Cloudy early with showers for the afternoon hours.

The chance of rain is rain is looking better.  I might be able to save that poncho for another day.

MIRich, the forecast from FindMyMarathon was pretty accurate!

On today's run, I think I saw Meb doing his shake out.  I timed things almost perfectly and also got to see Molly on her way to winning the 5K!  I think I took a pretty good picture:

Thanks for the support, LedLincoln!

Bert-o, I saw a SWAT officer yesterday in Battery Park.  Not sure if that's normal, but since I don't live here, I wasn't sure.

NewtonMARunner, Terrible luck getting injured so close to the race.  Sounds like you have a tough call to make.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!