wireless ear buds (Read 170 times)

I've been pretty happy with the Jabra Elite Sport. They lock into my ears really well and seem impervious to moisture--i rinse them off when they're all sweaty and i have even accidentally worn them in the shower a couple of times. And the charging case goes days or weeks without needing a charge.

Runners run

Gator eye

I”ll second the Jabra. Been using them for a couple months now and they haven’t fell out yet. They are comfortable enough that I forget I have them in

Gizmo2019

I’m scared of these (falling out and losing them)...but will still consider, thanks.

waterfordrider

Team Effort

I read this subject with some interest, Wired/wireless, which brand is best. While I have no interest in raining on someone's parade, it has been my personal observation that far too many runners using ear buds are completely oblivious to their surroundings. Case in point: I have been tooling along a paved bike/running path on my bike and observe a runner ahead. I know the runner is listening to a device because it is usually visible on an arm strap or attached to their waistband in the rear. At 60 to 70 feet behind I will call out "On Your left" and continue to evaluate how the pass will likely go. Some runners react and shear to the right, far too many do not, by now, I am down to 25-30 feet behind and will again call out, this time more forcefully, most do react, thankfully to the right.  Once in a while there is still no reaction which occasions hard braking along with a very irritated bark, "PAY ATTENTION!" as I complete the pass. I would like to suggest if you are going to wear earbuds consider wearing only one so you can use the other ear to keep track of your surroundings. It might keep you from an injury or worse. Just my two cents.

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

I read this subject with some interest, Wired/wireless, which brand is best. While I have no interest in raining on someone's parade, it has been my personal observation that far too many runners using ear buds are completely oblivious to their surroundings. Case in point: I have been tooling along a paved bike/running path on my bike and observe a runner ahead. I know the runner is listening to a device because it is usually visible on an arm strap or attached to their waistband in the rear. At 60 to 70 feet behind I will call out "On Your left" and continue to evaluate how the pass will likely go. Some runners react and shear to the right, far too many do not, by now, I am down to 25-30 feet behind and will again call out, this time more forcefully, most do react, thankfully to the right.  Once in a while there is still no reaction which occasions hard braking along with a very irritated bark, "PAY ATTENTION!" as I complete the pass. I would like to suggest if you are going to wear earbuds consider wearing only one so you can use the other ear to keep track of your surroundings. It might keep you from an injury or worse. Just my two cents.

I wonder why they're weaving all over the path instead of staying to the right? I have the same issues when I'm running and there are people walking on the bike path. Many are shocked or offended when I run right up the middle through the only open space their group has left on the trail as they spread entirely across it.

What did they expect? That I would stop and walk behind them, or stop and step off the path to make way for their entitledness?

(surly thoughts)

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Gator eye

AND there they are...

Were on page two, what took ya so long?

Gator eye

Bonus points if I can get the grammer police to show up too.

Julia1971

Two things.

1) As a general observation, I'll suggest that for every cycling with a clueless earbuds wearing runner story, there's a runner with a cyclist going too fast on the trail story.

2) The highlighted part interested me because I do not automatically move over when I hear a cyclist coming from behind.  If I'm already to the right and think there's room to pass, I stay the course.  So, you shouldn't assume the runner doesn't hear you.  They may hear you and think you should be able to pass and therefore, don't react.

As to the thread, I'm a fan of Aftershokz.  In the winter, they don't fit well under a cap, so I go with the JLab wireless.  I don't love them because they don't fit very snug in my ears and the battery life isn't what I'd like it to be for really long runs, but they do the job.  I list the ones I've tired on my gear page.

Bonus points if I can get the grammer police to show up too.

It's spelled "grammar"

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really like my Plantronics Backbeat Fit headphones, though I wish they’d let a bit more ambient noise through. I’d buy a Bluetooth version of the wired Sennheiser sport headphones that I used for years, if they existed. They had good sound, yet didn’t plug my ears. They handled sweat REALLY well, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

I really like the Bose Soundsport. They come with a few different inserts and sort of twist when you put them in. Water resistant so sweat and rain don’t become an issue. I tried them because I got tired of the cheap ones letting me down.

I’ve had mine for a little over a year.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

an amazing likeness

I really like the Bose Soundsport. They come with a few different inserts and sort of twist when you put them in. Water resistant so sweat and rain don’t become an issue. I tried them because I got tired of the cheap ones letting me down.

I’ve had mine for a little over a year.

+1, I also recommend Bose Soundsport.  Fit and stay in place well, reliable, top-notch pairing and such.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

This has always been my exact conundrum. I tried one bluetooth mp3 player and it was a train wreck, though rated really high in everyone's list of top 10 sports bluetooth mp3 player lists.

The iPhone does work great so i experimented with a few different belts, and am currently very pleased carrying it in a Amphipod Airflow MicroStretch Belts (about $20). I also used a knock-off of the Flipbelt widely available on Ebay and that was okay, though a bit bulkier.

The Amphipod actually works quite well, tucked under the shirt, don't even notice it.

An alternative are light-weight headphones and clip-on mp3 player. Drop the cord down your shirt and connect to player clipped to top of your shorts.

No issue withe earbuds falling out and cost is reasonable.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Seattle prattle

An alternative are light-weight headphones and clip-on mp3 player. Drop the cord down your shirt and connect to player clipped to top of your shorts.

No issue withe earbuds falling out and cost is reasonable.

That's what i've done for more years than i would care to admit, but switched over to wireless eabuds when i noticed they sounded better.

But what you say is absolutely true. I guess i just need to foot for some new wired earbuds that sound better. I have a nice pair of RHA MA750 earbuds that lasted me a long time but they just don't seem to kick out the bass anymore.

Thx., and given that i bought up a backup Ipod Shuffle the day they announced they were discontinuing them, i might as well since i now have two of what are arguably the best, compact and most convenient MP3 players for running.

T Hound

Slower but happier

Ive been through so many.  Ive bought enough cheap wired ones to equal the most expensive earbuds.  Lots of wireless too.  Just got H2O from microsoft store.  Was $99 but on sale for $49.  But i wouldnt want to use on trail because theyre black and if they fall out...

I have washed many different ones and can tell you most do not survive in great shape.  Wired do sometimes.   Because of my in ability to keep them out of the washing machine.  I ultimately got a waterproof pair but haven't washed them yet.

I agree if you are on road or multi use path, one ear out is much safer.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block