How to pick up running chicks? (Read 894 times)

Going by my limited experience...while on a run is probably not a good idea, mostly because not all guys are innocent in their intentions.  There is a fairly limited chance of a gal raping/beating up a gal though.

However, if a guy started to talk to me in a store or at a race, I'd be ok because there are others around, thus the chances of being harmed are significantly reduced.  If the guy seems to be a genuinly nice guy (aka no calling us "chicks," bragging about his PR's, etc.) I might even agree to meet him for a coffee.

Yes, this exactly.

GC100k

I think they've found that the Finnish method works best:

wife carrying

Not dead. Yet.

So that's how you get between a girl's legs!

I think they've found that the Finnish method works best:

wife carrying

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Tiefsa

Join a large running club.  Do lots of road races.  Get on one of those online dating things and make a runner chick one of your requirements.  Put yourself out there.  That's the best I can do for real advice.  The rest I think has been covered already right here.

Purdey

Self anointed title

1.  Say hi.

2.  Be faster than me.

3.  Don't be wearing triathlon clothes.  (No nut hugging spandex).

1. Hi

2. Tbc

3. Heh

RunnerRonny

Ok so ditch the G-string, got it, and go for the 'I am not a runner but i went out and did a 14 minnit 5k the other day' kind of guy hey?

Poppypbr

"Hi. I'd love some conversation to help gage the pace. Are you OK with it or would you prefer peace and quiet today?"

If initally accepted, you should introduce yourself by name, say where you are from and how often you would like to train and how often you actually get to train. i.e. "I would like to do more but find the motivation for another lonely run hard to find sometimes." It suggests that you are looking for company.

Keep it impersonal unless asked. Times and personal bests are irrelevant. You are no better or worse than your current fitness level and that can change easily in a few weeks.

Asking about personal interests can open someone up but you have to determine if it is appropriate to pose such questions. Avoid nervously talking about yourself. You are more likely to disqualify yourself by what you say when you weren't asked. I suggest you let them ask personal questions first. From there it is "quid pro quo".

A polite and considerate training partner doesn't push the pace and slows down for the companionship. Long slow distance is best and in the long run (pun), probably a better training method for overall health and appearance. We are very social creatures and I must admit that I really like the companionship of an occasional running partner.

Be considerate, attentive, providing a measure of safety and security (take the outside when running abreast and always slow the pace to a conversational level unless it is expressed to "pick it up"). It is polite to ask if the pace is OK and very polite to defer to their pace...something I would always do.

Read about the steps towards communication and intimacy (usually listed as "the 5 steps towards intimacy").  You can google it. It is how humans naturally respond to one another and it is part of our genome. It is also how a woman will reach a comfort level that is the precursor to all significant relationships. If men and women knew this and followed it, it would easily cut divorces in half.

But what do I know? 42 years married. We cuddle while watching TV to keep our relationship continually renewed and I always defer to what she likes while recording something I wanted to see. I'll watch at another time. Little favors and considerations become commonplace and enjoyable acts of easy generousity. About 3-4 times a week, my wife turns off the TV and invites ME to join HER! Half the time we will put each other to sleep with a backrub and massage. I wish for all of you what we have. Memorize the levels of intimacy and anyone can have a Newman-Woodward, Bogart-Bacall relationship.

"Hi. I'd love some conversation to help gage the pace. Are you OK with it or would you prefer peace and quiet today?"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!"

Join a large running club.  Do lots of road races.  Get on one of those online dating things and make a runner chick one of your requirements.  Put yourself out there.  That's the best I can do for real advice.  The rest I think has been covered already right here.

Take this advice. It's good.

Poppypbr

If you see a hovercraft full of eels, you may need an "altitude" adjustment on your hovercraft. Smile

The club idea is a good one along with the on-line advice. Not so sure about races helping relationships but after the race, maybe. Not much time there.

The local female runner you occasionally see is a higher possibility for companionship than the club member that lives 15-20 miles away or the female runner that never registers on-line.

Relationships between neighbors near at hand tend to work out well. Just like "Pride and Prejudice". Put your ego aside and express warmth, kindness and sensitivity. Even when you strike out, you can still gain a friend who respects you. Respect is an excellent foundation.

xor

If you say a hovercraft is full of eels, perhaps you should stop smoking.

I can't believe I'm asking this question on a troll thread, but are there seriously people who think that a relationship is excluded because someone is a short drive away?

The local female runner you occasionally see is a higher possibility for companionship than the club member that lives 15-20 miles away or the female runner that never registers on-line. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

an amazing likeness

I'm surprised to see that no one has yet suggest you use the time proven 'Lululemon check' where you offer your services to verify if they're wearing the recalled models.....that's sure to be a classic winning strategy.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MrH

Or just stick with the classic:

Nice shoes, wanna f**k?

Honesty is the best approach.

Such as ... "You don't sweat that much for a big girl".

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I'm surprised to see that no one has yet suggest you use the time proven 'Lululemon check' where you offer your services to verify if they're wearing the recalled models.....that's sure to be a classic winning strategy.

I'm safe from that one. I can't afford that stuff!