Session timeout? (Read 475 times)

Prince of Fatness

I noticed the last week or so that my login session times out after about 10 - 15 minutes, forcing me to log back in. When I am the groups page, I need to enter my password twice in order to get back in. I've never check the box when logging in, but before recently I would be logged in for at least an hour before my session timed out. I'm running XP Pro SP3 and the browser is the latest version of Firefox. Any ideas?

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

I put a limit on the amount of memory the web server can use. For some reason, it was using up all the memory and bringing the server to a halt. So whenever it exceeds the memory limit, it'll restart. Why don't you have cookie enabled?

Prince of Fatness

Why don't you have cookie enabled?
        I have cookies enabled. I just looked and there are two existing cookies for runningahead.com. Unless you are asking why I don't check the box. That's probably due to a little paranoia on my part. What does checking the box do? Does it cache my password somewhere? Either way it's no big deal. Worst case I have to log back in more often. It's just weird that it makes me enter my password twice when I log back in. Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Former runner

I've noticed the same thing here. I'm on XP SP3 and FF3. I also added an exception for runningahead.com to the cookies preferences in FF. So as far as I can tell the cookies get saved. At home I use the remember me option and don't have the issue. At the office I don't use it mostly because of the chance someone could get on my computer. Not that I use company time to post on forums. Wink

Ross