I kicked a kerby salesman out of my house... (Read 800 times)

Bugs

Last night somebody calls and said, "We're a new carpet cleaning service in town and we're offering a free carpet cleaning with hopes that you will recommend us your us to others." I said, "I've been wanting to hire a company to clean the carpets in my house..." She asks, "What kind of vacum do you have?" I saiid, "A Dyson, I love my Dyson, You're not going to sell me a vacum cleaner are you?" She said, "No, oh we would never do that.' I said, "Because I don't want a Kerby salesman coming into my house." Today...who shows up, a kerby salesman. He tried to bad my mouth my sacred Dyson. I told him, "You already proved to me your company is one who lies. Why would I write you a check?" Then noticed he walked on my ivory carpet with muddy shoes. Said, "You can clean the mud you dragged on my carpet and get out of my house." He stood there with his muddy shoes and denied he did it. It was not pretty. I should have known better.

Bugs

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In Tennessee, we got shotguns.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I would have killed him! I HATE housework and those who make more of it for me get an earful. I'm glad Kirby people have never come around here, though 90% of our house is not carpeted.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Hey I had a similar call to my house the other day, only we opened the door, she spouted about a free carpet clean - I opened the door further and she said... 'So floorboards throughout then?' I pointed at the doormat and said, 'You can clean that if you want?' But she didn't. She did not however lie to me, send someone that I had specifically requested not to send or traipse dirt in my house! You should contact the company and complain - you might get a free clean!
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            Thats awesome! Why would someone ever want anything else other than a Dyson??? thats just plain insanity.... FYI - my parents got suckered into the kerby thing. I always hated it so when I moved out and got my dyson, we did a comparison.....my mom vacuumed the whole house with her stupid kerby and then i came over with my dyson.....yeah the container was still pretty full after her "initial cleaning" - so screw you kerby!

Bugs

It was kind of nice to tell him off, not the best day at work, and at least in my own home I get to be the boss and not put up with any crap. Dyson rules!

Bugs

JakeKnight

Wait. They still have people who sell vacuum cleaners door-to-door? Seriously? That's adorable.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

bugs...you go girl...be king in your house...to bad you didn't have a dog with big teeth.. Jake...dude..you gotta get out more....of course they still sell kirby's door to door....

Bugs

He said, "Dyson spends 70% of their money on marketing." I'm sure going door to door is cost effective also. My Dyson has sucked up so much pet hair but still it seems to do an awesome job. The other day I accidently got a makeup brush and DH had to take it apart. There was a giant lincoln log in it. Smile Even with that in there, there was still good suction. No kerby salesmen is going to heaven.

Bugs

Selling vacuum cleaners. That would probably last or close to last on my career choice. I would probably jump off a bridge after a couple of days of rejection Wink

Bugs

RunB, I agree! I think my job sucks out all the oxygen in my life; that job would do it literally.

Bugs

My ex-MIL bought one of those some years back!!! She should have kicked that guy out of the house.

Michelle

Lisa3.1

That is just insane. & Yes, DYSON's are the best.

Bugs

A lady from the kerby office called me to "see how my cleaning went." Boy did I let her have it. I said, "If I were you I'd go find a different job, one with a company that didn't blantly lie to people." Guess how that ended?

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ok, first off this guy was a real tool. Now on to more serious matters. Kirby's are the best vacuum cleaners in the world. Of course, they're also the most expensive so when you factor that out, there are some that are better value (Dysson and Orec for example). But when all is said and done, they're amongst the most powerful and hands down the most durable vacuum cleaners on the market. Kirby salesmen are among the highest paid sales force in the US. There are only a few industries (pharmecueticals for example) that pay higher.