Herbals to enhance running and overall health? (Read 758 times)

Nursing student running

I'm trying to drop the coffee habbit and going to try to drink more herbal teas instead. I thought it would be nice to have a resource list of different herbs that may enhance running and overall health. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Smile
    Goals: 08-09' Buy 2 really good bras. Do NOT fall off the running wagon this school year. Run the Turkey Day 5k. Get upto 20 mpw by New Years. Run 10k Triathalon Half Marathon by next summer. Get into some skinny jeans! (all while eating chocolate.)

running yogi

I used nettles, echinacea, reishi mushroom and local unfiltered raw honey this year for my terrible seasonal allergies to some success. I have not had to resort to any drugs yet this year. I do do herbal teas, but do not intend to give up my coffee habit though.
      xor

Green tea (over black, red, or white) is your friend. Your friend!

I only drink green tea or red tea when I don't feel up to par, I use only herbs for healing process and haven't been sick or on antibiotic in a few years. I drink coffee to combined with Benadryl to pick me up occasionally especially the day after a hard run.

Ostrich runner

Benadryl? Really? I recommend marijuana for sore muscles, or pretty much anything. Also, the fermented combination of barley malt, hops, and water works well.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Benadryl? Really? I recommend marijuana for sore muscles, or pretty much anything. Also, the fermented combination of barley malt, hops, and water works well.
              Somebody after my own heart Smile but since we are health conscious here it should be advised that vaporizing and eating it are healthy alternatives.
                I like tea ... White, Green, Black... Drinking way too much coffee lately but... oh well.. I also like rooibos tea which isn't really tea ... but... it is tasty and stimulant free... I also have taken a liking to Yerba Maté which has caffein (or caffein like substances) but has some B vitamins on top of anti oxidant... as for herbals... I can't offer anything else... but I will say that garlic rocks... fresh veggies and fruit