Tom Cruise (Read 1037 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I didn't include him because for my money, he relies too heavily on wild costuming and/or funny voices.  BUT...he does that very, very well, I'd agree.

I had no idea there was a Freddie biopic in the works, let alone that he was set for the role.  That sounds AWESOME, I bet he'll do a great job.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

BeeRunB

Steve Martin has always been good from SNL on into the movies. Some brilliant comedic acting in The Jerk, All Of Me, Roxanne, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Bowfinger, The Absent Minded Waiter, Little Shop Of Horrors, Planes Trains & Automobiles, The Lonely Guy, etc. Besides all that, he plays a mean banjo, was the first rock star comedian selling out huge venues and millions of comedy albums, he's a playwright, novelist, screenwriter, and his single "King Tut" sold over a million copies.  He's even won 4 Grammys for comedy, bluegrass, and country. True renaissance man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOGB4SkcM4

aponi

never runs the tangents

Tom Cruise is going to be.....Jack Reacher!!

(almost as crazy as casting him as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire)

I can't wait not to see that movie.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

And yeah, I always enjoy Sean Penn.  Just when I think he's falling into a De Niro-esque rut, he'll do something like Harvey Milk.  Haven't seen that latest one of his.

And how about I am Sam? He was amazing in that movie. I kept having to remind myself that this was Sean Penn!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

TC produced "prefontaine" I believe, and almost starred as "steve" in said movie, although was too old so they found Jared Leto...

300m- 37 sec.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Jeff Bridges in STarman,  The Dude in The Big Lebowski, Fearless, True Grit, etc.

He's a stretcher. 

Good call. I was just going to mention Jeff Bridges.

As far as Tom Cruise is concerned, I remember being pleasantly surprised when I saw him in Collateral Damage. I can't say why exactly. I just remember thinking he did a good job and made me somehow forget that it was Tom Cruise. I'd have to see that movie again to know for sure what it was that made me think that, though.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

RaiderGwen

I've read most of this thread and am a tad disappointed that no one has mentioned Tom Cruise in Legend.

The best / worst B movie EVER.  Come on, it has Tim Curry coated in red makeup and with hooves and horns.

Fairies, unicorns (horses with horns strapped to their heads) and elves - what's not to like.

And no mention of The Last Samurai, a terrible movie!

Tom Cruise' best movie for me was Magnolia.

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake

xor

I liked Last Samurai and hated Legend!

The best B movies bar none are Point Break and Road House.  And Point Break boxes Road House's ears.

As shitty Tom Cruise movies go, I guess my favorite is Cocktail.  For two reasons: 1) the idea that the bar he's working at in the beginning is really just a TGI Fridays.  2) the serious bit where he spouts off the bartender poetry, as if he's pulling off limerick Shakespeare.  It is TERRIBLE poetry, absolutely terrible.

HermosaBoy

The best B movies bar none are Point Break and Road House.  And Point Break boxes Road House's ears.

Gotta suspend disbelief over a few things, but I like both of those movies.  Cheesy goood...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Hmmm...there's a common thread between those two movies.  And I'm still sad that common thread is gone...

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

RaiderGwen

Come on you simply can't beat this:

CurryRHP

It's Tim Curry (left is Legend, right is Rocky Horror)!

And Tom Cruise runs around in a tarzan outfit the whole time!

TC

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake