compression socks (Read 549 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Anyone use them? Thoughts on them? Also, where do you buy them? Every running shop I've been in did not carry them. There are a LOT of shops in NYC, someone must have them! I can't even find them online (though I've hardly looked, but still). thanks Smile

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

zzz

I wear these http://www.cep-sports.com/CEP_walking_O2_socks.8645.0.html I have severe varicose veins so I should really be wearing them all of the time. They make a huge difference for me as I can definitely feel the improved circulation. I bought mine at the RnR race expo and wore them at the marathon the next day. I really like them. They also have other versions that just go from ankle to knee. However, my VV go all the way down in to my feet and the compression socks start the compression in the toe of the foot which is what I need. BUt if you are looking for compression wear, a normal person could get great benefits from just the calf compression. The vendor I purchased them from told me it was the first time for him at a marathon expo...they usually just do Ironman/Triathlon expos and a lot of those multi sport racers wear them. We have few specialty running stores here in town that carry different versions of compression gear.

Jennifer mm#1231