Tailor's bunion (Read 800 times)

Gig

Bunion. The word is funny, but the pain isn't, The ball behind my left baby toe has been hurting for a few months. I haven't been running a lot, and it hasn't been hurting when I did. Tonight it did, though. I used bought new shoes that I used for the first time, and ran seven miles.

When I bought the shoes, I mentioned it to the running store guy and he had me try on something like this:

but it had a bridge on top and bottom to separate all five toes. Then a sock, then a shoe, and he told me to try running. It was a lot more painful than the bunion (which was his diagnosis, btw, I haven't seen a doctor yet).

Anybody have similar pain? Any success in treating it?

Wider toe boxes help a lot. Mesh vs leather straps that gives in bunion some give in area is very helpful.  You can also purchase a bunion gel that goes around little or big toe and provides cushioning/gel in bunion area. These things can make your life much easier. The shoes is everything though.

Those who try, fail! Those who do what it takes to succeed, succeed!!

Gig

Thanks. I just got new shoes. The toe box felt bigger in the store. It's okay, though.

The gel think at the store was $65. So far I've managed the same thing with a cotton ball and some athletic tape. It's more comfortable than the gel was, too. I'm trying to come up with exercises/stretches to do, too.

You will like this price better.

http://www.myfootshop.com/detail.asp?ProductID=960

Those who try, fail! Those who do what it takes to succeed, succeed!!