What is your ... (Read 602 times)

favorite distance to race? least favorite distance to race?
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not that my experience is particularly deep, but I really love the half-marathon. 10 miles is pretty nice, too. I HATE 5k!!! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My favourite distance to race is probably the HM. I don't really have a least favourite, but going on past experiences I would say the marathon because the only one I did nearly made me cry Sad I haven't raced in getting on for two years now so we'll see what happens later this month.

Dog-Love

I love a 10K! Not too long that you start out too slow and wealize you had a lot left at the end and not too short that you wipe yourself out in the first 1K
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            I favor the longer stuff, too, but with a 5k within 20 minutes of me practically every weekend, I've grown to have a love/hate relationship with them. I'm really trying to decide how I feel about trail running... the slow pace results annoy the running log math geek in me, but the scene -- and the people -- are a lot of fun.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

I always liked both the 1500/mile and the 5K-8K distances but always hated the 3K/2mi for some reason.....Something about that middle distance never sat right with me.
                Half marathon is my favorite - a great distance that i really don't have to worry about pacing myself on, just go all out. The full M is much more difficult and I wouldn't say it is "fun", but the long push is waht keeps me motivated. Least favorite - 5k - I'm still warming up at 3 miles.
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Least favorite - 5k - I'm still warming up at 3 miles.
                  That's EXACTLY why I hate it. I don't feel right until at least 2 miles into any run. By then the race is nearly over.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

5K is my new fave - intense start to finish. But that's probably because I just ran one and did well. I run another this Friday and depending on how I do will dictate whether it stays on top. I do like the 10k too. That said, I am looking forward to running another half marathon. I am in the midst of a Marathon training and don't forsee it being my favorite race but I am doing it anyway....like the mountain, because it is there! Least favorite? none!
                    muse_runner

keep running.

it's a tie between 10k and half-marathon and another tie between half-marathon and marathon Smile 5k is dead last so is the 8k i wouldn't touch a 3k with a 10 foot pole. i'd cry and run home to mommy.
                      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                      Scout7

Favorite: 10k and up Least favorite: Anything less than 10k
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Fav: 1 mile / 1600m Least Fav: 800m Not that you get to race those anymore when you grow up, but those are my answers. Those two laps are pure hell. As far as road race dist: Fav: 5k Least: 10k

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Considering that before this year I've only run in 5k races and one 5 mile race, I'm going to have to say the 5k is my favorite. BUT, now that I've run the HM and will be running Broad Street, I have a feeling that my race of preference might change. I would probably like the 10k race. I'll have to see if I can get one of those in. I don't have a least favorite yet.

Michelle

Favorite: 10m or HM. Both long enough to usually get a medal and bragging rights Wink Least Favorite: the 5k. hate it, hate it, hate it! Evil grin
                              2009: BQ?
                              mikeymike

I like all the ones I've tried so far, which include most of the standard distances from 200m to 26.2 miles, as well as some not-so-standard ones in between too.

Runners run