Favorite Small-Medium 5k and 10k Races in US (Read 91 times)

an amazing likeness

Two folks on my curling team are New Brunswick natives and went home for long-delayed family visits as soon as cross-border was allowed in early November. They reported going into NB took careful planning, testing results and having correct entries in various apps...Not so much coming back into Calais.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Leaning heavily on the small side, I'm very partial to the Freeze for Food in Madison, WI - https://www.rpcvmadison.org/cpages/freeze-for-food

It's limited to 300 people between 5k and 10k, but they don't start at the same time; it's possible to do both! The 5K isn't amazing in my opinion, since the course awkwardly doubles back on itself, but the 10K is great! It's a full lap of the UW Arboretum and it's gorgeous to run through.

It is Madison in March, so it's been super icy a few times. But hey, it's also been like 40 and sunny!

I like that they have a weather report for past years. It seems well named. 27 times below freezing in 40 years. 1985 sounds like it was fun... -9⁰F; sunny; no snow; NW winds 21mph. 2008 not much better... 0°F; 20 mph wind, icy, frigid cold.

ZZCaptainObvious

I like that they have a weather report for past years. It seems well named. 27 times below freezing in 40 years. 1985 sounds like it was fun... -9⁰F; sunny; no snow; NW winds 21mph. 2008 not much better... 0°F; 20 mph wind, icy, frigid cold.

Oh yeah - I've had very good luck with running it 2018 and 2019, but we've also had some nasty days in early March. It is fun to go back and look at those - that 50 degree day in 2002 would have been wild!

Jogger bobby

any great west coast 5k-10k races? besides the obvious huge ones like Bay to Breakers?

Born: 1973

Marathon PR: 3:44 (2000)

5k PR: 22:02 (2022)

1 mile PR: 6:09 (2022)

Goals:

5k - 21:42

Mile - 5:59

400m - 1:10