Obesity in America (Read 2633 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wish I could say I was surprised... I spent my 20s as a statistic. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So sad ... where will we be in 50 years? 100 years? Have you seen the Brookhaven Clinic on Discovery Health?
      2009: BQ?
        I was in the obese category in March. Just looked back at some old pictures. Yuck. BMI over 32.5. Now I'm 6 pounds away from being in the normal weight category for my height. With a BMI at 25.5.
        "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So sad ... where will we be in 50 years? 100 years? Have you seen the Brookhaven Clinic on Discovery Health?
          I know...scary stuff. I haven't seen that. What is it? Chris, you have done such good for yourself. I don't recall what my BMI was when I started my weight loss journey, but I definitely was "obese." Not morbidly so, but enough where I was at risk for diabetes and all sorts of awful, avoidable things. 50#s later I feel like a new woman...in some ways I am. I lost as much weight as my son currently weighs. I can't even lift him, if that says anything. How did I carry that on my body? No wonder my knees are so much less arthritic, now. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was in the obese category in March. Just looked back at some old pictures. Yuck. BMI over 32.5. Now I'm 6 pounds away from being in the normal weight category for my height. With a BMI at 25.5.
            Chris, that's awesome! ... and love your quote -- very true!
            2009: BQ?
              I've actually been watching this while hanging pictures in my living room today. I think it's a marathon. Zoomie, it's a show about an obesity clinic. It's actually really fascinating, especially the differing opinions from the residents. Some are gung ho about losing weight and getting healthy. Others cheat on the program and order in food all the time. But it's really interesting to watch.
                It's scary watching what people do (what I did) to themselves. Sometimes I catch myself falling back into old habits. We took my in-laws to brunch today. All you can eat, $14.95 per person. Eggs, waffles, quiche, turkey, ham, donuts, cakes, . . . . I lost a little control.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."