New to running and to this forum (Read 1035 times)

Hi, I'm new the forum and notice many people using the acronym GETM...what does this mean? Tongue Are there other acronyms I should be aware of when browsing the forums? Thanks.
    2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon
      Hi, I'm new the forum and notice many people using the acronym GETM...what does this mean? Tongue Are there other acronyms I should be aware of when browsing the forums? Thanks.
      Oh, there are so many acronyms. GETM means "Give Them To Me" and is associated with a game some play in which someone will ask an obvious question to which someone will respond, "GETM," meaning, the asker has to forfeit their "cool points." I don't play it. Someone else will probably explain it better. Allegedly, there are rules. Another one is: HTFU, which means Harden the F*** Up, and is a rallying cry/encouragement used to get going/tough it out. Particularly applicable to running in inclement weather. Whining poster: "It's snowing and icy out and below freezing. I don't feel like running." Encouraging poster: "HTFU and run." Or "I had a fever and am in a cast, but I HTFU and ran a PR marathon anyway." PR=Personal Record. Welcome aboard!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Welcome bach13! May running become your new best friend - and this forum a favorite haunt.
        ~ Fly ~
        Only as much as I dream can I be.
        veggies on the run

A Saucy Wench

Welcome! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

many people using the acronym GETM...what does this mean?
            GETM! (sorry, couldn't resist Evil grin)

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

GETM! (sorry, couldn't resist Evil grin)
              Ha very funny Wink
              2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon

Oh Mighty Wing

WELCOME!!!
                  Welcome to the madness! After your run, kick off your shoes, pull up a chair, log on and stay a while. RA is quite entertaining. Yes

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Welcome to the madness! After your run, kick off your shoes, pull up a chair, log on and stay a while. RA is quite entertaining. Yes
                    And WAY too addicting! Have fun!
                      Hi, I'm new the forum and notice many people using the acronym GETM...what does this mean? Tongue
                      Don't believe anyone. No one knows what it means and Casa is to blame. Also, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Go Pre!

Welcome Bach! (I didn't realize you were gone : ) Click -> More acronyms explained Hope this helps
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Casa is to blame.
                          I think this should be the response to just about any scenario. Wink Welcome, Bach! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

And WAY too addicting! Have fun!
                            Ditto to that! I even got my husband, who is a newbie, at least browsing the site! I'm on here almost daily.
                            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                              Welcome Bach! (I didn't realize you were gone : ) Click -> More acronyms explained Hope this helps
                              Dude. Evil grin So uncool. So uncool.

Go Pre!

Dude. Evil grin So uncool. So uncool.
                                It was kind of...like...a casa welcoming.