First 5K Race EVER! I didn't come in last! PR for pace! Pics! (Read 1293 times)

50 halfs by age 50

Congratulations, Christy!! Great race!! You guys look fabulous!

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Really! What everyone else has said. Your attitude and accomplishment is a great inspiration. I'm heading down the trail towards a 5k - probably in September - and am looking forward to the challenge and the sense of "Oh Yeah" that you've related here. Great job!
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer

Speediest Slug There Is!

Hey Christy, where are the "after" pics??? You look pretty fresh in those.... Wink
        Ok, how's this one for ya?
        Fall seven times, stand up eight.
        Goals:
        *Complete a 5K (no walking)
        Tortoise and Hare 5K, 42:05, 13:35 pace PR
        *Weigh 160 lbs 5 to go!!!
        *15 mpw base

Hoping to Run Again :-(

You ROCK Christy! I am beyond thrilled for you sweetie. You are the "speediest slug" of them all girl. You showed that race who is boss and made it a 4th of July to remember - Congrats! Great job.
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run
            Wonderful Job Christie..........I have been in and out of running for 30 years and I can still remember my first race in great detail.....I can't remember many of the others, but definately remember the first one......Keep up the good work.......buy the way, I love reading all your various posts........you are so enthusiastic.....dont worry about pace or speed (its not important) what is imporant is doing the miles......the speed wil come as you continue 'beating feet'.......Your awsome.....Keep it up..... Cool by the way -- your hubby looks like a nice guy and very supportive.....that really helps....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Congratulations on a great race! I really enjoyed reading your report and seeing the pictures. I'm looking forward to reading about more of your races in the future. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That might be one of the best race reports I have EVER read! Of course, this now means you have to improve upon this report for your next race--you do have a next one lined-up, right?! Awesome job, girl! Big grin My own first 5k was one of my favorite races. I was no speed demon, but it was that point in my running when I knew that I wouldn't be content to just run 3 milers for fitness a couple of times/week. I wanted to run races and get faster. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! That's great! I hope I feel as good about my first race in August as you do on this one. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

YAY!!! Congrats!! Just remember you can't have just one....you'll be hooked now Big grin
                    Ringmaster

Congratulations! Thanks for coming and sharing your pictures and accomplishment with all of us. What a great race! And your hubby--definitely a keeper! But I think you both know what a treasure you've found. (You know you're going to have to find a new avatar soon, right?)

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

De-slacking in progress

Congrats felow C25K grad. Just did my first 5k race a few weeks ago. Yup- the first race is the best because you accomplished a goal. Loved your report. Onward and upward

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Speediest Slug There Is!

YAY!!! Congrats!! Just remember you can't have just one....you'll be hooked now Big grin
                          Oh, man is that the truth. Still aching from my race yesterday I was already on the internet looking for candidates for our next one. One thing is, in New Brunswick where we're moving, there's something called the Brunswick Cup, 4 5Ks from May to November in each of the Brunswicks (New, North, South, East), winner is fastest cumulative time of 3 of the 4 races. If you complete 3 out of the 4 you get a cup just for participating. How fun does that sound? So we'll probably do another 5K in August and a 10K in September... then there's a 5-mile ''Hangover Race'' that looks fun for January 1st. I knew I had REALLY lost it when I hit the trail again today -- same great pace, easy 1.5 miles, I feel awesome. I'm down 6 lbs in 1.5 months and I'm on top of the world for discovering this and living this and this is my reality, it's so exciting.
                          Goals:
                          *15 mpw base
                          obiebyke

NICE run, and nice catch in your DH. Is one of you going to be a prof/student at Rutgers?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

meged

Congratulations!!! Man, seeing your pictures makes me really excited for my first race--you're a great inspiration!
                              complete a half marathon learn to swim with good form get my sisters to work out

Speediest Slug There Is!

NICE run, and nice catch in your DH. Is one of you going to be a prof/student at Rutgers?
                                Yeah, he's going for his Ph.D in clinical psych at Rutgers, I'll be applying there this fall for Social Work/Mental Health administration. Huge move for us, huge life transition, so naturally we are both excited and nervous. We've already made plans to stick with running, even during the hectic moving process. In a way it's like our anchor during a time of great upheaval.
                                Goals:
                                *15 mpw base