First 5K Race EVER! I didn't come in last! PR for pace! Pics! (Read 1293 times)

jrf

Good for you!!! That is so awesome!!
      Great job!!! I'm slow and have realized its ok! We're out there doing it and that is what matters. Big grin
      ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
        Congratulations Christy!!! Awesome accomplishments! Cool

Another Passion

Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congrats. Big grin Thanks for sharing w/pictures! Best on your future races!

Vim

Congratulations! I just started running, and reading things like this are really inspiring!
              ~*~*~*~* Goals: 1. Complete 5k race on September 20th (Big House Big Heart) 2. Complete half-marathon on October 19th (Detroit) 3. Complete full-marathon in May 2009 (Lincoln) "defy gravity"
              theyapper

On the road again...

Just ran across the thread and wanted to say great job on your first 5K. I ran (and walked some with my sister) my first 5K over the July 4 holiday, too, and can't wait to read more about what's next for you.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

What a great race report. Had me smiling while reading. Great job!!
                  -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
                  Carps10

Congrats on your first race. Distances will get larger and pace times smaller. Enjoy! Your future trail sounds great. OK, I can not actually hear her. Smile
                    just because somebody runs long races doesn't mean they are more advanced than runners who run shorter races. i just hate it when people run a marathon in 5 hours and act like they've accomplished all there is to accomplish in the sport of running. the next logical step after a 5k race is, in my opinion, a faster 5k, not a 10k.
                      just because somebody runs long races doesn't mean they are more advanced than runners who run shorter races. i just hate it when people run a marathon in 5 hours and act like they've accomplished all there is to accomplish in the sport of running. the next logical step after a 5k race is, in my opinion, a faster 5k, not a 10k.
                      Blah blah blah negative negative negative

Speediest Slug There Is!

Um... Hi, Tony, nice to meet you today! Sorry if I was a little flabbergasted, it's just not every day someone you've never met knows who you are! Blush It was a beautiful day, though, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did... Nice shirt btw...
                        Fall seven times, stand up eight.
                        Goals:
                        *Complete a 5K (no walking)
                        Tortoise and Hare 5K, 42:05, 13:35 pace PR
                        *Weigh 160 lbs 5 to go!!!
                        *15 mpw base
                          Ha! Yeah, I was a little tentative to come over, but I recognized you from you 4th of July photos. If you weren't with your husband, I probably wouldn't have realized who you two were. Pretty random Smile I hope that you two enjoyed your runs. It is a beautiful day!
                          - Tony
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All the cool people have run a race with Tony. I'm just sayin'. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay