Er... nothing to see here. (Read 2850 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Oh. My. God. Dude. I'd never claim to be a Michigander, it's merely the straightest path to get to a favorite vacation spot. But Oberon not being tasty... Evil grin And no Vernors?!? Surprised
    *comes sprinting back into the thread* Here's my deal w/Oberon...beer, when purchased in draft form at your favorite local watering hold, SHOULD NEVER COME w/a piece of fruit. Fruit is delicious, even good for you. Or so I hear. But what it is not good for is as an assist to MY BEER. Damnit. If it came w/french fries, or a big ass plate of nachos even, it would qualify as the greatest beer in the known universe. That it actually comes adorned w/fresh fruit puts it on the suspect list. End of debate. And Vernors. Yeah, my distain for it comes from childhood. I had a stomach ache as a youngster and my grandma gave me some Vernors to "settle my stomache". I promptly threw it up not 10 seconds later. And also, it tastes like liquid crap in a can. So maybe that's why I hate it. Meh.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know you could order your Oberon without orange...I drink mine at home without fruit. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

I was not aware that Oberon is typically served with fuity adornments... I wouldn't like that either.

Tick tock

I was not aware that Oberon is typically served with fuity adornments... I wouldn't like that either.
          fruity adornmants?? with running skirts too??? zoomie...there is professional help out there to cure that.....but seeing as how this thread is about nothing....drinking beer with abnormal sides may be nothing either....
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I actually like my Oberon with or without orange. It's good either way. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I am drinking Oberon right now. (Sips.) Oh man, is that good! Zoomy: do you know, is it named for the fairy king in Midsummer Night's Dream? Couldn't find on Bell's site.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy: do you know, is it named for the fairy king in Midsummer Night's Dream?
                Yup--another reason to love it...I adore the Bard! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Thank you very much. I tilt my bottle in thanks. Smile
                    twevelth night...the best!!! Will see Henry V at my son's college when he graduates next month.... whoo hoo....break from tuition until son #2 hits school....
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hamlet is STILL the best. I think it had the highest body count. And insanity. And ghosts. All the best elements of Shakespearean tragedy. MacBeth is good, too. Lady MacBeth is a freaking biotch!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Well here it is two days later, and I'm pretty sure I'm posting on Lucky 13. I must be a psycho, or a psychic, or something. Kick ass on Sunday my friend. Do it for Cassy. Do it for Chels. Do it for yourself. Just do it. And take pictures (that part's for Jake and me.) Run tall, race hard, finish strong. Enjoy the day, and don't forget to stock up on frozen peas.
                        Thanks, Ed. I hope to do as well as you did in your first my friend. Smile Frozen peas (or mixed vegies) are my friend! Big grin

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Agreed, Ed. Rick, have a great day and enjoy all the hard work you've put into toeing the line. Remember (and I know you will) WHY you're running it, and take it all in. Forget the watch, time is of no relevence on this one. There's plenty of us that'll be thinking about you, so go for it! Cheers, beers, and many years, partner! Q
                          Thanks, Q. Your Detroit half race report was one of my many inspirations to do this thing. You stupid son of a.... I mean thanks so much for the encouragement! Looking forward to running a race with you someday soon. Wink

Rick

Another Passion

Rick, I keep thinking how close your race is...are the nerves setting in bad, or are you feeling pretty at peace with what you are about to accomplish?
                            Mostly at peace, Zoomy. I have my moments. You, too, were an inspiration for me to get into the game. Looking forward to seeing you in Grand Rapids! Big grin

Rick

Another Passion

Hey, I'm born and bred here and can't manage it either. Almost as bad as an Oberon. *Ducks and runs like hell*
                              I'm so conflicted now! I hope this is an erroneous post by Q, Zoomy.

Rick

Another Passion

Sorry for the repeated posts, I just wanted to thank the awesome peeps here for their support. Plus, I was trying to see if I could get this nothingness to PAGE 15! BAM! MTA: Rats! Roll eyes

Rick