Er... nothing to see here. (Read 2850 times)

Old, Slow, Happy

are these roads going north and south or east and west?? the north and south roads (in michigan too) have these crazy jogs because of the grid lines when they surveyed and laid out the Louisana purchase.
    The roads are north/south. It really is where the old state line was. I think the early Ohio and Michigan roads did not match up. The "S" is usually about 150 feet long with two sharp 90 degree turns. On the major roads, the turns are now gradual enough that you can go at 60 mph with no problem.
      Those s curves exist all over michigan and even here in Illinois. It is a result of the grid lines converging on the north pole and are a result of the surveying done following the purchase. (unless this is an old wives tale). They may be on the old state line, but I don't believe it is a result of the move...just chance...
          Rick, you out there?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Could the alien abduction of our good fiend* rvelich spell doom for Erica's eighteen page thread 'bout nothing? Say it aint so. * intentional 'typo' Clowning around

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rick is still around...I stalk his blog (and he, mine).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Rick is still around...I stalk his blog (and he, mine).
                I am, indeed, still around, Ed. I about choked on my accidentallly inhaled saliva when I read your above post, Ed, from cracking up, but am still around. Hey, this thread has almost as many Replies as the "Before and Now" thread! Wow. Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I am, indeed, still around, Ed. Big grin
                  Very glad to hear my fiend, very glad indeed. Big grin

E.J.

E.J.

Another Passion

He's baaaaaaack!
                      Thanks for noticing, Ed. What was this post about again?

Rick

What was this post about again?
                        Er...nothing? No wait, it's about the lack of nothing. It's about something in a training log, which has nothing to do with nothing. Doesn't belong HERE does it? My bad. Clowning around

E.J.

Another Passion

The thread that won't die! Hehe. Big grin

Rick

Welcome to October!
                            From Web Posts

E.J.

Another Passion

Heh... looks like some pumpkin-head over-did Oktoberfest. Big grin

Rick

My refresh finger is getting sore, where the hell is Zoom's report? 4:50:40, now we just have to wait for the report. I hate to wait. http://onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php?race_id=9358 Half 2:16:46 20 miles 3:32:53 Gun time 4:52:30 Net 4:50:40 Pace 11:06

E.J.