Er... nothing to see here. (Read 2850 times)

Jeff... of course a michigander came out on top...all you have to do is look at a map and see that Michigan is at the top of the US and Tenn is somewheres in the middle... and zoom=zoom....you would get MAJOR htfu points for even thinking about it....
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

and zoom=zoom....you would get MAJOR htfu points for even thinking about it....
      I think there is actually a Winter swim of some sort in Grand Rapids...either tomorrow or maybe this weekend. Perhaps that is something I will do to "reward" myself when I get down to my goal weight. Right now it would be bad enough showing up in a bathing suit blindingly pasty, but pasty and pudgy...no way. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I'll tell tou the greatest thing about the Polar Bear Plunge (my daughter and friend did it this year...I was unfortunately (HA) out of town) but...the cool thing is that when you get out of the water you actually "feel" like you are radiating heat. That would be just before you start shivering violently. HTFU zoom zoom and try it!...and take pictures. Oh and wear shoes because it sort of hurts your feet to walk on them when they are numb with cold. Oh...and have fun.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Another Passion

I'll tell tou the greatest thing about the Polar Bear Plunge (my daughter and friend did it this year...I was unfortunately (HA) out of town) but...the cool thing is that when you get out of the water you actually "feel" like you are radiating heat. That would be just before you start shivering violently. HTFU zoom zoom and try it!...and take pictures. Oh and wear shoes because it sort of hurts your feet to walk on them when they are numb with cold. Oh...and have fun.
          I always wondered what kind of deranged individuals did this... now I know. Tell your daughter she needs counseling, Sherry. Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

It cracks me up that Erica's thread runs out of gas before it gets out of the driveway, then a bunch of crazy Michiganders come along, fill the tank, jump start it and go roaring down the block with it. A three page "nothing to see here" thread, ya just gotta love it. Big grin
            A this-is-about-nothing-thread-jackin' joyride. Not much else to do in Michigan in the winter unless you have $$ for skiing or snowmobiling. Or, training for a marathon in the snow and sub-zero temps. Big grin

Rick

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Me too me too!!!

Jeanne

Dog-Love

I always wondered what kind of deranged individuals did this... now I know. Tell your daughter she needs counseling, Sherry. Big grin
                Well I'd counsel her myself but we are a bit busy planning a costume for our University's Polar Bear Plunge next Saturday. (Come on up you guys!) But after that...you bet...she is so gonna need to pour her heart out! Poor thing...
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

It cracks me up that Erica's thread runs out of gas before it gets out of the driveway, then a bunch of crazy Michiganders come along, fill the tank, jump start it and go roaring down the block with it.
                  Dude, where's my thread?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh and wear shoes because it sort of hurts your feet to walk on them when they are numb with cold. Oh...and have fun.
                    I have heard that shoe thing...that would be a good use for retired shoes! Big grin When I was in HS we used to go hot-tubbing and then go run out in the snow. It was fun to see who could go the furthest. Big grin Yeah, us Nordic types are kinda nuts.... Blush Hi, Erica! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I have heard that shoe thing...that would be a good use for retired shoes! Big grin When I was in HS we used to go hot-tubbing and then go run out in the snow. It was fun to see who could go the furthest. Big grin Yeah, us Nordic types are kinda nuts.... Blush Hi, Erica! Big grin
                      I was thinking you might have that Nordic thing going on with you so I don't think this will be a big deal for you. And going from a hot tub into snow is a whole lot harder than going from 20 degrees in a bathing suit into 38 degree water. I am trying to talk my self into next week's plunge. 2 of my classes are taking part in this and I am serving as a foolish role mode. Oh back to your thread Erica...what are we not supposed to be looking at???? Big grin
                        I am trying to talk my self into next week's plunge. 2 of my classes are taking part in this and I am serving as a foolish role mode.
                        Do it! We want to see the pictures!! Big grin

Another Passion

Oh back to your thread Erica...what are we not supposed to be looking at???? Big grin
                          Polar bear skinny dippers, I think?!? Big grin Minus the dude dippers... considering shrinkage and all. Blush

Rick

Polar bear skinny dippers, I think?!? Big grin Minus the dude dippers... considering shrinkage and all. Blush
                            Dude dippers. That's just fun to say. Dude dippers. Dude dippers. Big grin
                            seeEricaRun

Awesome

Oh back to your thread Erica...what are we not supposed to be looking at???? Big grin
                              Hello hijackers! It was originally before/after pictures, but I decided I REALLY didn't like the before picture, but, you know, since this was my thread and all, i'll post this: Bib First Name Division Gun Time Chip Time 2884 Erica Marathon: F 30-34 03:52:21 03:49:56 Which was at least 10 minutes faster than I thought I'd be running on a pretty tough course (Austin Marathon). Unfortunatately, I missed my husband's PR by only 40 seconds, so I'm not as happy as I COULD be. But, considering I haven't trained significantly for, oh, the past 6-8 weeks (and gained about 6 lbs), I'm still happy.
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good going, Erica! Since Austin is my hometown, maybe I'll run that marathon one day. But if it's tough, it will be awhile! That's great you ran faster than you expected to. Teresa