The Oatmeal Race (Read 227 times)

Fans of The Oatmeal and his awesome running cartoon can "Beat the Blerch" in his newly organized race in Washington. This looks a lot more fun to me than all the color/mud/flavor/taste/glow runs. Unfortunately it's all the way in Washington. http://www.beattheblerch.com
    I'd love to get chased by blerches!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The maps on the website are all RA maps. Wonder who's responsible... Smile

justfisch

Thinking about making this my tune-up race for Portland marathon... should be fun eating cake at the aid stations Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The maps on the website are all RA maps. Wonder who's responsible... Smile

Inquiring minds wanna know! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pbratten

I am.  I was hired by the Oatmeal to put on the race here in Seattle.  I'd be happy to answer any questions (at least the ones that I'm allowed to answer :-)

Doc, my tooth hurts

I am.  I was hired by the Oatmeal to put on the race here in Seattle.  I'd be happy to answer any questions (at least the ones that I'm allowed to answer :-)

Whats the cap going to be?

If it goes well, might there be an east coast edition?  A girl can hope...

Birdwell

What's the prize money look like for overall winners?

Pbratten

Cap: 2,000 people

Prize money: no prize money, just lots of Oatmeal & Blerch swag.  There will be finisher's medals for everyone plus a separate prize for overall & age group winners.

East Coast/additional locations:  very likely, but probably not this year.

Have you seen what the blerches look like yet? I would love to see a life-size blerch costume.  I am also eagerly awaiting an east coast edition of this race!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Pbratten

No previews of the costumes yet, we're still trying to figure that one out.

The additional locations will happen, just working on when exactly that will be--2014 or 2015.

keeponrunning

No previews of the costumes yet, we're still trying to figure that one out.

The additional locations will happen, just working on when exactly that will be--2014 or 2015.

Woot on the more locations!  Definitely sounds like there is an interest in it-- the ladies' group here on RA already mentioned making it out destination race for 2016 (2015 is already decided) 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

pcaharrier

Real Nutella or the store brand, chocolate-hazelnut spread?

All race distances filled up in under 30 minutes. I'm on the wait list for the half. I have a feeling there will be a lot of first-time racers, which is a good thing as long as they don't injure themselves training!

Nightvisionrn

Will they do virtual entries?