Boston Marathon: if I get in, where do I want to stay? (Read 1555 times)

xhristopher

Holiday Inn Boston/Beacon Hill, Kendall Marriott, The Kendall Hotel, Hyatt Boston, Harborside Inn on State St.

BTW, It might sound crazy but lot's of us don't drink Dunkin. That said, I'm still pissed not to have found a spread of donuts waiting for me after finishing the "Dunkin Donuts Cape Cod Marathon."

You can take the red line to south station for the expo, then on race day take the red line to park street and connect to the green line to copley to get the BAA bus.

Even better for your suggestion, the BAA's yellow school buses leave from Park Street not Copley.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

That said, I'm still pissed not to have found a spread of donuts waiting for me after finishing the "Dunkin Donuts Cape Cod Marathon."

I was bummed about that too.  More bummed at the helpful volunteer who pointed the opposite direction when I asked "where's the school and the food?" after the race and sent me into the wrong part of town.

BTW, thanks everyone for providing suggestions.  My comments don't indicate that I'm paying attention, but I am.  THANKS

xhristopher

BTW, thanks everyone for providing suggestions.  My comments don't indicate that I'm paying attention, but I am.  THANKS

Just be sure to let us know which you end up with so we know which fire alarm to pull at 2 AM. Thx.

mikeymike

Even better for your suggestion, the BAA's yellow school buses leave from Park Street not Copley.

Huh, good to know.  I've run that race 5 times and managed to avoid ever getting on one of those BAA school buses.

Runners run

seeEricaRun

Awesome

BTW, It might sound crazy but lot's of us don't drink Dunkin. That said, I'm still pissed not to have found a spread of donuts waiting for me after finishing the "Dunkin Donuts Cape Cod Marathon."

WHAT?! Well, that shatters all my dreams about ever running that race.

#artbydmcbride

And oh btw.

I did register for Boston 2012.

Twice.

Shut up.

Didn't that cost you twice as much?

Will you have to run it twice?

What?  Oh,... shut up?   okay   Blush

Runners run

xor

Dunno yet.  The sea of humanity (those who BQed but did not hit BQ-5) finds out on 9/28 who did/didn't get in.  If I get charged twice, I will know.  I sent them an email, but I think they are a little busy.

I suspect that they are smart enough to detect name/address/BQ race/BQ time dups.  Suspect.

King of PhotoShop

SR, when you described what you were looking for, I thought "that's the way I expect to do it too." Don't expect to be gouged, but have no expectations of some cheap place either.

For the last few Bostons I have used Diane Golden of Golden Adventures.  It's just goldenadventures.com. She does lots of destination packages for races etc. and her Boston package is a very good deal. She puts you in a nice hotel very close to the finish, has a pre-race pasta dinner at Maggiano's, and has her own buses (with rest rooms!). 

My BIL Joe has also used her, as has pfriese, whom you know from the Masters forum.  You might check out her website for Boston package.  Good luck.  Spareribs

xor

Spareribs sighting!

Thanks for the tip.  That reminds me... marathontours also does Boston packages.  I've gotten a funky vibe from that dude when I've tried to talk to him, but most folks I know who use them like them. Except they aren't cheap.  I will check out Golden, and I might as well check into marathontours as well.  If one can give me a package that beats doing it meself, it would be dumb not to.

mikeymike

Yeah if you can get into a tour that rents it's own bus with a restroom, that is CLUTCH on race day.  I have ridden a few running club busses out to Hopkinton on race day and it is a whole different experience than the yellow BAA school bus.

Runners run

Dunno yet.  The sea of humanity (those who BQed but did not hit BQ-5) finds out on 9/28 who did/didn't get in.  If I get charged twice, I will know.  I sent them an email, but I think they are a little busy.

I suspect that they are smart enough to detect name/address/BQ race/BQ time dups.  Suspect.

You could register again to find out what number they are at

DGolden1

I noticed "Ribs" offered a solution to your question by referring you to ME for your Boston Marathon trip. How nice is that!!  Just so you know,  I've planned the Boston Marathon trip for over 10 years now. I have over 200 rooms booked at the Boston Park Plaza (primo, finish line location). The rate is $273. I know, not cheap but the location is SO worth it. And I think that's probably better than you'll find if shopping on your own.

As Ribs said, I do pre-race dinner & a private shuttle to the start. Also, I have a discount code for flights on American and offer post race massages at the hotel.

You can see all the details here: http://www.goldenadventures.com/upcoming_bostonmarathon2012.php  Check it out!

Thanks,

DGolden1

PS  hope this didn't sound too much like a commercial :-/

Diane Golden

www.GoldenAdventures.com

214-370-8300

xor

You could register again to find out what number they are at

I could.  But I'm not sure why.  They don't go first-come-first-serve.  They take everyone and order them. Fastest people get in until they run out of space.

Hello DG!

(perhaps I shouldn't have said anything about mt.  Hmm.  "You just made the list, pal.")

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks,

DGolden1

PS  hope this didn't sound too much like a commercial :-/

It does but thanks. I will be checking.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/