Cheating or Advertising Gimmick? (Read 711 times)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

This has been going on for several years now.  I'm sure there are threads about it on letsrun.com somewhere.

A little bit 'cheating' depending on how you'd define that.

Definitely totally ABSOLUTELY marketing gimmick.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm trying to find shoes with flubber.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dunottar

Side note: Spiras were all the rage on the old coolrunning (or maybe it was Runner'sWorld) shoe forum several years ago when Andy Krafsur was giving away free shoes. When the freebies stopped, so did the glowing reviews.
            I remember when this company first started a few years back as Shoe Spring.  I tried one of their first pairs of trainers on and it was like strapping a brick to the bottom of my foot.  Looks like they've come a long way.  I'm still happy with my Pegasus though.
            MrH

"These lightweight (six to eight ounces) sports shoes are totally revoluntionary,"

Revoluntionary: someone who gives freely of their time in overthrowing the status quo.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.