Lake Winnie race report (Read 550 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

My club (Shamrock Running Club sent 8 teams to Lake Winnie this year, most of any club in race history. I fielded my own team and had a blast. This was my 4 consecutive year at the race. I wrote a race report several years back and I'm not going to write another one. I received a link to another report that I thought was great, that and he used maps on this site for the report. click
    mikeymike

It's a great event. I hope to do it again some day but at the rate I'm going my next chance might be to get a team together with my kids when the youngest one is in high school...what's that about 15 years from now? Leg 2 is my favorite. Leg 8 is utterly ridiculous (especially if you've already run leg 2 all out earlier in the day.)

Runners run

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Mikey, You know that we'll always welcome you to run with/for us. Heck, I'm sure the men's open team would find a way to provide day care for your kids if you promise to run fast enough :-) I still haven't ran legs 1 and 6 yet. I'm planning to do 1 next year. I like 2 because it's down hill and fast. 5 is nice for the quiet scenic views. I did 2 and 4 last year, and 3 and 8 the yet before that. Not too bad if you don't race it Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

That does look like a cool race... Couldn't help myself, I thought this was an awesome picture...almost poster material with some schmarmy quote... I didn't check the results, how did your teams do? Modified to fix "schmarmy"

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You really need some legs to run those legs, congrats to you and your team Eric. That race report is pretty wild (and well worth a click), an elite team of two placing 20th is pretty amazing.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

The only requirement for my team is the members must be able to finish their leg. They can walk or run. 4 out of the 8 runners never ran it before. My goal was to introduce them to this race and hope they have a good time. We completed the entire race with 3 or 4 minutes before the 10 hour cut off and so I'm happy. They did better than I anticipated too! We came in at 75 out of 85 teams. Many people said that after running those hills, everything else seemed flat.
                That was a great report! Congrats again for the leg you ran Smile It hurts to just look at some of those elevation graphs !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Wow! Those hills look user unfriendly! Congratulations on your race. Smile

Michelle

that looks fun in a painfully hilly kinda way! Tongue Great race! Smile

Jennifer mm#1231