Question.. (Read 773 times)

Double IPA Please!

I have my half tomorrow- I was supposed to do an easy 4 yesterday but ended up not doing it- life got in the way. Today was a scheduled day off- will it do any harm to do my 4 mile today vs a day off? Suggestions? Not a big deal?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

not a big deal! If you feel antsy today because you missed it, go do an EASY 2-3 miles and no more. One minor missed run this close to you race won't affect you Smile Good luck tommorrow!

Double IPA Please!

Thanks- I do- I feel badly because I missed it yesterday- I've got major ants in my pants today! mta- will doing the full 4 hurt me? You mentioned not doing more than 2-3

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

A Saucy Wench

I find ~ 3 miles the day before a race helpful - sometimes I do 2.5 sometimes I do 4 At this point you arent looking for any fitness changes. You want to do enough to loosen up your legs, but not wear you out at all. Only you know how much that is. I would not do 4 simply for the sake of doing 4. Will it hurt you, probably not. I like to do a nice long easy warmup until I feel loose and then do 3-4 sets of "accelerate gently to race pace and then as soon as I get there, cruise back down" 20-30 steps. Then I jog home. It is however many miles it is

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have my half tomorrow- I was supposed to do an easy 4 yesterday but ended up not doing it- life got in the way.
            I would just do something really easy today. Perhaps 4 miles, but gentle. Perhaps shorter.

Double IPA Please!

Okay- thanks Ennay and Trent! I have all this damn nervous energy to deal with today.

you can use this opportunity to be really crabby and short-tempered around the house... just blame it on pre-race nerves Wink
                  If you are going for a PR, skip the 4 miler today and write it off as an extra taper day. If this race is just for fun or you want to do it just to do it, 4 miles today won't hurt you at all. Good luck tomorrow!~
                  Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Double IPA Please!

If you are going for a PR, skip the 4 miler today and write it off as an extra taper day. If this race is just for fun or you want to do it just to do it, 4 miles today won't hurt you at all. Good luck tomorrow!~
                    heh- already did my run this morning. I ended up doing 3.50- very, very easy with some accelerations of race pace thrown in there. It went well and I feel well. Other than nerves right now Dead

#artbydmcbride

Good luck! You will have a PR tomorrow I predict! Big grin

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Nice race Denise!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Double IPA Please!

Thanks- I had you in mind and the advice you gave me in the LLR- honestly I did. Except I picked up my pace too soon- I think had I held on a little bit longer I could have had a stronger finish. Alhtough- I was able to sprint the last 300 meters or so..I'm satisfied for my first half.